4-Days Tour to Cotahuasi Canyon in Arequipa
This 4-day tour departs from your hotel in Arequipa and will take you to see Cotahuasi Canyon one of the depeest canyon in the world.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3x Breakfast
- 3x Dinner
- 4x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 3 nights
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from the hotel in Arequipa
- Bus or van
- Local guide
- 2 nights - Bassic hostel in Cotahuasi
- 01 night with a local family - in the canyon
- Entry/Admission - Petroglifos de Toro Muerto
- Entry/Admission - Cotahuasi River Canyon
What's excluded :
- Extra expenses
- Dinner on the Day 4
- Clothing and everything related for trekking
- Breakfast on the Day 1
Day 1: DAY 1. Arequipa to Cotahuasi with some stops
Stop At: Canon de Cotahuasi, Cotahuasi, Arequipa Peru
06:00 Departure from Arequipa to Cotahuasi with a little stop in Petroglifos
de Toro Muerto
12:00 Lunch in Chuquibamba
Throughout the trip we will make several stops at the viewpoints and points to appreciate
the snowy mountains.
15:00 we will arrive to Cotahuasi.
Duration: 10 days
Pass By: Chuquibamba 04710, Peru
We stop to have lunch
Stop At: Petroglifos de Toro Muerto, Departamento de Arequipa Valle de majes, La Candelaria Peru
We visit the majes valley
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Corire, Corire, Arequipa Region
We pass by this valley
Accommodation included: Basic hostel
Day 2: DAY 2 Cotahuasi - Ruins Huana - Quechualla
Stop At: Cotahuasi River Canyon, Peru
DAY 2 Cotahuasi - Ruins Huana - Quechualla
Deepest part of the Canyon' Lodging and breakfast at 6:30am. We'll take our private transport to the deepest part of the canyon for 2-hour to the small
town of Mayo; there will begin a hike up a trail Quechualla 8 kilometers (approx. 4hours).
The tour is crossed by 3 bridges and view. Archaeological Remains of Huaña with pre-Inca hanging tombs and numerous terraces. Forest characteristic for its giant cacticactus 8 meters high and longirostro bat habitat. Observe the Inca Trail, stretches of Capac Nan, strategic road network that linked the coast with the capital of the Empire. Arrival Quechualla (1700 m.s.n.m.) appreciate streets and typical houses and diversity of fruit plants organic production (pacay, cherimoya, lucuma, grapes, tuna, etc.) that visitors can pick and taste from the tree. Typical lunch. Time to enjoy some wine tasting and pisco, appropriate and pleasing to tacar variety of organic wines and Pisco. Dinner and overnight in home-Quechualla.
Duration: 10 hours
Stop At: Quechualla District 04845, Peru
We get in the deepest part of the Canyon
Duration: 12 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight with local family in family houses
Day 3: DAY 3. Quechualla - Waterfall Sipia - Cotahuasi
Pass By: Cotahuasi River Canyon, Peru
Breakfast in Quechualla and return to Cotahuasi on the same path until May, then by our transport to Cotahuasi, with a stop at the waterfall Sipia spectacular attraction, emblem of the canyon. Arrival in Cotahuasi having visited the Valle de Piro. Enjoy some time for lunch in Cotahuasi. After visit the Ecomuseum of vegetables and city tour in Cotahuasi, which highlight the narrow streets and adobe houses with gabled roofs and shop for souvenirs. In the afternoon Cotahuasi - Taurisma - Hot Springs Luicho – Ride After Lunch we are going to drive to the northern part of Cotahuasi Canyon to visit the countryside and the traditional village of Taurisma. We will cross a suspension bridge to see a forest of broom and other plants area located alongside the river Cotahuasi, then visit the town of Taurisma and its main square where we see four cedar trees over 300 years old, then we return along the same bridge to take a local mobility. Relaxing in the Thermo medicinal waters Luicho, 38°C to 40°C, soothing, healing properties conducive for relaxation. In the afternoon enjoy a ride from the thermal baths to the town of Antabamba, for about 2-hour at 360°. We will appreciate beautiful landscapes formed by the Cotahuasi river, mountains, fields, herbs and more, once you reached the people of Antabamba visit and taste a snack prepared with natural local produce. Return in Cotahuasi at 7:00pm dinner and overnight.
Stop At: Camino a los Baños de Luicho, Peru
We enjoy at the hot springs
Duration: 30 minutes
Accommodation included: Basic hostel
Day 4: DAY 4. Back in Arequipa
Stop At: Arequipa, Arequipa, Arequipa Region
After breakfast we are going back to Arequipa with some stops.
We will be there at 4pm approximately in Arequipa city.
Duration: 9 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels that are in the center area of Arequipa - Downtown
Departure Time :4:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes and everything related for trekking are recommended
- Trekking backpack
- Flight light
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.