Ancient Corinth and Daphni Monastery Half-Day Tour from Athens
If you are interested in religious tours, this tour is the perfect choice for you. You will have the opportunity to discover two must-see sights on this memorable day trip from Athens. You will explore Ancient Corinthand Daphni’s Monastery.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional licenced guide
- Transportation by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (selected hotels)
- Ancient Corinth entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos)
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Monastery of Daphni, Athinon avenue, Athens Greece
After your morning pick up from your central located hotel, the bus will drive to Corinth via Iera Odos (the Sacred Way). It was so called because it was the route taken by a procession celebrating the Eleusinian Mysteries, were initiations held every year for the cult of Demeter and Persephone based at Eleusis in ancient Greece. Our first stop will be the Monastery of Daphni, a 11th-century Byzantine monastery listed as an World Heritage site together with Monasteries Hosios Loukas and Nea Moni of Chios. The interior of the church is decorated with superb mosaics, a unique, fine example of the Classical idealism of Middle Byzantine art. The crowded scenes of the mosaics narrate scenes from the life of Christ and the Virgin.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
Driving along the coastal road, we reach Corinth canal, which merges the Aegean with the Ionian Sea (short stop for photos of the breathtaking view).
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos), Ancient Korinthos village, Corinth Greece
Shortly thereafter we reach the ancient town of Corinth, where St. Paul lived and preached for two years (Acts 18:1-18). Visit the ruins of the ancient city where Paul worked with Aquila and Priscilla, see the remains of the first century shops, the Agora where Paul’s trial by Gallio took place, the Fountain of Peirene, and one of the most outstanding monuments of pre–Roman period, the temple of Apollo.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Athanasiou Diakou 26, Athina 117 43, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up/drop off service from/to Athens centrally located hotels.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that for the moment the entrance to the Monastery is free of charge. In case the Ministry announced a price, entrance fee will not be included in the price of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Small group tour of maximum 26 people (50% of bus capacity). We provide all participants with whisper audio devices which are thoroughly sanitized from our staff, as well as inside the charging cases with UVC lights. Sanitizing dispensers are available at the ticket office for use before departure.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.