Arctic Circle Journey Tour
Explore the Dalton Highway over the White Mountains, across the Yukon River, and up to the Arctic Circle on this 12-hour (sometimes longer due to stops for extra photo opportunities) tour outside of Fairbanks. Join a small group of no more than 8 passengers on a fully-narrated, guided tour through dramatic landscapes of the Dalton Highway, and far-off snow-capped peaks of the Brookes Range. Search for wildlife and learn more about Northern Alaska from a knowledgeable guide. If you do not see a tour available for a particular day then call and see if something can be arranged for you and your party. Remember we need three guests or more conduct a valid tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 12-hour tour from Fairbanks and back along the Dalton Highway
- Snacks and various beverages
- Fully-narrated tour
- Hotel pickup/drop-off from select Fairbanks locations
What's excluded :
- Lunch (food enough for your party for the long day)
- As you head north of Fairbanks and across the famous Dalton Highway, the heart of America's largest state becomes a wild land of untamed wilderness and wide open spaces. Comprising river valleys with moose, caribou, and other wildlife, the distant mountains of snow capped granite, the far north is a harsh land with dark, frozen winters and summers full of constant golden sunshine. It is a land of contrast, most accessible and safely visited during a specific, established window each year.
Your visit to this quiet wilderness starts at 9 am during the spring and early summer and at 12 noon late in August. After being picked up from your Fairbanks-area hotel or vacation rental, you will meet your driver/guide for the day who will introduce his or herself to you and the rest of the group before leaving the town for your 12 hour trip. Your 15 passenger van may have up to 8 others on the trip, ensuring lots of space and personal attention as you head north beyond the interior.
Over the course of your day, you will pass by the White Mountains and over the Yukon River, passing natural barriers that separate the interior from the pristine boreal forest and wild back country that comprise the majority of the state. You will stop at notable landmarks for photos and further exploration as your guide teaches you the history of the road and the state and you search for the abundant wildlife native to the area. Although snacks and water will be provided, you will need to bring a sack lunch to compliment the items provided by your host. During August, the trip will run later in an effort to capture views of the Northern Lights, returning you three hours later than the normal drop off time of 9:00 pm to downtown Fairbanks for a your complimentary evening drop off back at your hotel or vacation rental.
Departure Point :Fairbanks, Fairbanks, Alaska
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travelers in the Fairbanks area hotels and B&B's.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A MINIMUM of 2 people per booking is recommended. Viator/Tripadvisor should verify
- A MINIMUM of 3 people booked per tour is required for the tour to operate
- Solo travelers should verify with the tour provider prior to booking.
- A maximum of 8 people per booking. Discounts provided for 5 or more. Must call service provider for details
- Reminder that all tours beginning the 22nd of August will depart at 12AM (noon) and return by 12PM (midnight) for potential Aurora viewing opportunities.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Check your cell phone provider for service in Alaska. Double confirmation for your tour is normally done by text and then by calling.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Wear a mask only if you feel the need to do so. Van and any rental equipment will be sanitized after every tour for incoming guests. Extra beverages and snacks have been removed from daily tours until further notice.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.