Athens Full Day Tour with Lunch
From the Acropolis to Omonia Square, you'll see with this full day trip all the famous sites of ancient and modern Athens. Offering a perfect overview of the modern city, this guided tour will help you get your bearings if this is your first visit to Athens.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pick up/drop off service (selected hotels)
- Transport by luxury air conditioned bus
- Professional and licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees are being paid at the start of the tour (passport or ID card is required)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis Museum
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panathenaic Stadium, Vassileos Konstantinou Avenue opposite the statue of Myron Discobolus, Athens 116 35 Greece
The Athens full-day tour depart for a photo stop at Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
Proceed, passing by Zappeion and Temple of Olympian Zeus. You will then drive past the Athens Trilogy which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Continue passing by National Garden, Hadrian’s Arc, St. Paul’s Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown soldier, Schliemann’s House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Old Parliament, Constitution Square ,Russian Orthodox Church, and finally Acropolis (including also Parthenon, Erechtheion, Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Areopagus). Stroll up to the UNESCO-listed site that served as the ancient citadel, and tour the buildings as you hear how they reflected Athens’ prosperity in the 5th century BC.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athens 117 42 Greece
Continue the expert guided Athens sightseeing and Acropolis museum one day tour with a pleasant short walk passing by Herodion and Dionysos Theater, in order to visit the Acropolis Museum. Avoid and skip the lines of the new museum. Main attractions such as votives, statues from archaic period, Caryatids, and of course the Parthenon hall with the metopes, the pediments and the frieze will impress you.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
After a morning tour full of images continue in a local restaurant under the slopes of Acropolis for lunch. After lunch depart for a wonderful drive along the scenic coastal road which affords a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf, passing through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs (Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Varkiza) to Cape Sounion. Cape Sounion is only 45 miles (70 kilometers) from Athens, making it the perfect lazy afternoon tour destination. The Cape's Temple of Poseidon is perched on a rocky hilltop overlooking the sea. The view across the Aegean is magnificent with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world, extending all the way to Kea and the Peloponnese on a clear day. The Temple of Poseidon was built in 44 B.C., and many of its original Doric columns are still standing. One of the columns has a graffiti left by none other than Lord Byron in the early 1800s. The precipice is a sheer 197 foot drop to the sea.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :Athanasiou Diakou 26, Athina 117 43, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up/drop off service from/to Athens centrally located hotels.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Entrance fees are being paid to the guide at the start of the tour offering skip-the-line access. Please note that passport or ID card is required.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Small group of maximum 26 people (50% of bus capacity). We provide all clients with whisper audio devices which are thoroughly sanitized (charging cases with UVC lights). Sanitizing dispensers are available at the office for use. Lunch is provided at restaurant that follow all the hygiene protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.