Athens Private Small Group Full Day
Explore 4,000 years of Greek civilization by visiting the most glorious sites, such as the glorious Acropolis of Athens, the modern museum of Acropolis, the picturesque districts of Plaka & Monastiraki and the National Archaeological Museum,which is the largest and most significant archaeological museum in Greece.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Mercedes Luxury Vehicle
- English Speaking Driver (Not authorized to enter into the sites & museums as per the Greek Law) )
- Wet & dry tissues
- Baby seat or booster up on request without extra charge (compulsory to be requested in advance)
- Mineral water
- All vehicles are thoroughly disinfected after each ride.
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (museum and archaeological sites)
- Food & drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis Museum
- Entry/Admission - Plaka
- Entry/Admission - Monastiraki
- Entry/Admission - National Archaeological Museum
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Entry/Admission - Panathenaic Stadium
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
Make a start in the morning with a visit of Greece’s most glorious ancient site, the Acropolis of Athens. Located in the middle of modern Athens, the ‘sacred rock’ proudly displays a set of marble monuments that express their outstanding universal value. With a history spanning 25 centuries, the Acropolis has been traditionally associated with the Golden Age of Athenian democracy, philosophy and architecture. Enjoy a well-paced guided tour to admire the most significant classical masterpieces of Greece. Walk uphill through the Propylaea grand marble entrance, as you contemplate in the hills of Philoppapus, Pnyx and Mars. Discover the astonishing construction of the Parthenon, the most splendid temple ever built by the Greeks, dedicated to goddess Athena. Admire the Erechtheion with its renowned Caryatids and the view of the temple of Athena Nike. Gaze at the infinite modern city from the hilltop, stretching between low mountains and the Aegean Sea. Explore all sides for panoramic views of the old town and its picturesque neoclassical buildings, as well as the ancient theater of Dionysus, the Roman temple of Zeus and the world-famous Herodeion theater.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athens 117 42 Greece
Continue on to the spectacular Acropolis museum, the most modern museum of Athens. Made of concrete, steel and glass, it houses a wide collection of original sculptures from the Acropolis and its slopes. The ground glass-made floor reveals to visitors the ruins of ancient buildings underneath, while it displays a pottery collection of high artistic value. The marble masterpieces that have been transferred here from the Acropolis for protection and preservation are waiting to be discovered in the first floor and the top Parthenon Gallery floor with its impressive view of the Acropolis hill, the Lycabettus hill and the rest of the city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Plaka, Athens 10556 Greece
Continue on with a beautiful walk around the picturesque streets of Plaka. This is an old, 19th century district of Athens, where significant personalities dwelled in stunning houses of neoclassical architectural style. In this part of Athens you come across an intriguing historical mosaic of old sites and monuments, featuring the Greek Agora, the Roman Forum and the tower of the winds, the ruins of Hadrian’s Library, old Orthodox churches and historical mosques.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monastiraki, Athens Greece
Walk through the Flea Market and onto the central Adrianou Street, where you feel the commercial vibe of the old town.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: National Archaeological Museum, Patision 44, Athens 106 82 Greece
The National Archaeological Museum is the largest and most significant archaeological museum in Greece. It was founded at the end of the 19th century to house and protect Greek antiquities, designed by the German architect Ludwig Lange and remodeled by Ernst Ziller. Its collections represent the whole range of Greek history and art, from Prehistory to Late Antiquity and from the Greek to the Roman times. Its exceptional pottery and sculpture, along with many other artifacts such as golden masks, bronze swords, prehistoric wall-paintings, pottery and jewelry have been highly regarded for their cultural value and contribute to the museum’s reputation as one of the leading ones around the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Temple of Olympian Zeus, Leoforos Vasilissis Olgas Leoforos Amalias, Athens 105 57 Greece
The Roman temple of Zeus with its imposing pillars
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Panathenaic Stadium, Vassileos Konstantinou Avenue opposite the statue of Myron Discobolus, Athens 116 35 Greece
Venue of the first modern Olympic Games of 1896
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Leoforos Vasilissis Amalias Syntagma Square, Athens 100 28 Greece
Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: National Library of Greece, 32 Panepistimiou Street, Athens 106 79 Greece
Enjoy during your ride the outstanding 19th-century University of Athens, the Academia and the National Library
Duration: 3 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
For hotels/apartments: The driver will meet you in the lobby of the hotel or outside the apartment.For cruise terminals: The driver will meet you at the arrival's hall inside the cruise terminal, after the passport control and the luggage claim area, holding a label with the name under which the reservation is made.The itinerary’s sequence is subject to change according to the opening-closing hours of the venues and depending on the tourist season.Ports
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Terminal A Gate 11, Akti Miaouli, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Passenger Terminal B (Themistocles), Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Pireaus Cruise Ship Terminal "B", Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Cruise Ship Terminal C, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/1/2020 - 3/31/2021
4/1/2021 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
11/1/2021 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of 15 people per booking is required (if you wish to have a party less than 15, please call to book, but please note you will have to pay the price for the party of 15)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- After each activity the interior of the vehicle and the luggage compartment are being disinfected. Some amenities (magazines, maps, etc) have been removed from our vehicles. Our drivers are wearing mask and gloves and they have been instructed to avoid handshakes.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.