Ausangate Camping Trek
If you’re looking for a beautiful and more remote trek in Peru, the Ausangate trek may be perfect for you. During the trek, you’ll discover the beauty and rugged highlands of the Ausangate region, hike past glacial lakes, and wander amidst herds of alpacas.
Visit traditional herding villages nestled in the mountains
Soak in the hot springs of Upis and Pachanta
Summit the impressive 5,050m Campa pass
Get a chance to spot endemic wildlife such as vizcachas and Andean foxes
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Breakfast - Breakfast x 4, Lunch x 5, Dinner x 4, Snacks & Water
- Camping & Dining Equipment included, Sleeping bags available for hire
- Private transportation
- Pre Trek briefing
What's excluded :
- Domestic Flights, Hotels, Gratuities
1- Ausangate Trek Day 1/5: Cusco - Tinqui - Upis
You'll depart from your hotel in Cusco early this morning for a scenic 3-hour drive to the village of Tinqui (3,800 m), located at the base of the Vilcanota mountain range. Start your trek by heading towards your campsite in Upis (4,400 m).
2 - Ausangate Trek Day 2/5: Upis to Jatun Pucacocha
From your campsite in Upis, you will climb through the Arapa pass (4,800 m) before reaching Uchuy Pucacocha (“little red lake”).
3 - Ausangate Trek Day 3/5: Jatun Pucacocha to Ausangate Base Camp
You'll start your journey to Ausangate Base Camp. The Apuchata pass (4,900 m) comes first, followed by a descent to the turquoise Laguna Ausangate Q'ocha. Continuing up Palomani pass. At 5,200 m, this is the highest pass of the trek.
4 - Ausangate Trek Day 4/5: Ausangate Base Camp to Pachanta
The last day of pass crossing begins with a tranquil hike from Ausangate Base Camp to Lake Ticllacocha. Then, rise up for your final challenge: Q'ampa pass (5,050 m).
5 - Ausangate Trek Day 5/5: Pachanta - Tinqui - Cusco
Easy 3 to 4-hour hike downhill from Pachanta back to the village of Tinqui. After lunch, transfer to your hotel in Cusco in private transport.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pre-trek briefing the evening before
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.