Big Island Mountain Biking on Anna Ranch
Cycle through 100 acres of exclusive, private ranch land on this 2-hour guided mountain bike ride on the Big Island. Push your limits on custom-built trails along the slopes of the Kohala Mountains near the quaint town of Waimea and visit a 40-foot (12-meter) waterfall while learning the special history of the island from a local guide. This ride offers a unique opportunity to experience the Big Island while challenging yourself on the volcanic terrain of Hawaii’s largest island. This small-group ride, limited to 12 guests, includes a guide, high-end mountain bike and helmet, hydration drinks, and energy bars.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of high-end full-suspension mountain bike
- Hydration drinks
- Energy bars
- Use of helmet, spare tube, and pump
- Professional guide
- Rain gear (if needed)
What's excluded :
- Choose either a morning or afternoon start time for this 2-hour ride, which takes place on the historic Anna Ranch behind the homestead of Anna Lindsey Perry-Fiske, an original Big Island cowgirl and local historical figure. After a brief introduction and safety orientation, select an appropriately-sized, full-suspension, high-quality mountain bike and helmet. Your local guide, a Big Island expert, starts the tour with a brief overview of the historic significance of Anna’s Ranch and its impact on the local economy.
Head out with your guide and 12 riders through vibrant green pastures, past tropical plants, and over volcanic soil as you begin your climb past the Kohakohau Stream up 1,200 feet (365 meters) to your first snack spot. As you ascend, enjoy stunning views of Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa, and Hualalai. From the top, pause to appreciate the amazing scenery stretching out before you while relaxing to the sound of the gently flowing stream. After a break for food and water, continue down past lava rocks and across open fields, finishing your tour back at the ranch.
This small-group ride, limited to 12 guests, includes a guide, high-end mountain bike and helmet, hydration drinks, and energy bars.
Departure Point :65-1480 Kawaihae Rd, Waimea, HI 96743, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 8yrs.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.