Birdwatching Tour in Cajas National Park from Cuenca
The park is located only 45 minutes from Cuenca. This lagoon system, with over 230 lakes, invites you to enjoy one of the nicest landscapes in South America. There are different ecosystems such as: Andean Mountain forest, Polylepis forest, paramo or grassland. You will have the chance to spot many interesting birds, even the endemic hummingbird of Cajas - the “Violet Throated Metaltail”- one of the most important birds in Ecuador. Also, on this tour you will see the beautiful Tit Like Dacnis, Blue Mantled Thornbill, Stout Billed Cinclodes, Tawny Antpitta, Spectacled Whitestar, Tyrian Metaltail, Gray Breasted Mountain Toucan, Andean Guan, and so much more.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bilingual birdwatcher tour guide
- Box lunch
- Bird list of the area
- Binoculars (please ask for these in advance)
- Bottled water
- Pick up (hotels or apartments)
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
In this bird watching tour, participants will be able to record an average of 40 species of birds and will also enjoy the beauty of different ecosystems and landscapes.
• El Cajas National Park, Cuenca 010219 Ecuador
• Polylepis Tours, Cuenca 010101 Ecuador
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at Hotels or apartment
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.