Budapest: Book A Local Host For 6 Hours
Book a local host from Budapest for a personalized meet-up. Ditch the travel guides, decide where to go, what to see and what to do together with your private, personal host, with a friend who knows what you like the city will unveil its best to you.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised 6 hour meet-up
- Working together to build the perfect itinerary for you
- Local host
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Any tickets into attractions/venues
- Public/private transportation during the meet-up
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Szechenyi Lanchid, Budapest 1051 Hungary
The itinerary is fully personalized for you. Your host may suggest walking to the iconic 19th-century suspension bridge guarded by majestic lions and take a post-card perfect photo taken.
Pass By: St. Gellert Thermal Bath and Swimming Pool, Kelenhegyi ut 4, Budapest 1118 Hungary
See the architecturally significant building of thermal pools which are part of the famous Hotel Gellert complex. Learn about the thermal bath culture and ask your host to help you to book a session that you can enjoy during the rest of your stay.
Pass By: Liberty Statue, Citadella Setany Gellért Hill, Budapest 1118 Hungary
Do you feel like climbing up a hill? If you like walking and the weather allows it, the host will recommend walking up to the Liberty Statue. The walk can be hard but the view will be paying off, no doubt! There are also buses and taxis that can take you up the hill, so if you don't feel like walking but you're still keen on seeing the view the host can arrange transportation for you.
Pass By: Buda Castle, Szent Gyorgy Ter, Budapest 1014 Hungary
Here's another great historic place where you can learn about Hungarian culture and history. Little shops and stalls line up to sell handcrafted souvenirs. In the spring and summer months there are many free open-air events which can help you to connect with the Hungarian heritage.
Pass By: Matthias Church, Szentharomsag ter 2, Budapest 1014 Hungary
Your host will suggest to walk past the 14th-century church named for King Matthias, who married here. You can also book a visit to see the church and the ecclesiastical museum.
Pass By: Halaszbastya, Szentharomsag Ter, Budapest 1014 Hungary
Admire this 19th-century fortress with 7 turreted lookout towers offering panoramic views (you'll need to buy a ticket to access the viewpoints) plus there's a lovely cafe on terrace.
Pass By: St. Stephen's Basilica (Szent Istvan Bazilika), Szent Istvan ter 1, Budapest 1051 Hungary
If you'd like to explore Pest, your host will suggest to walk towards the St. Stephen’s Basilica, a Neoclassical masterpiece that was once the site of an 18th-century theatre. If time allows head up to the cupola and look across the river for views of the Buda side of the city. This will require purchasing a ticket (not included).
Pass By: Hungarian State Opera House (Magyar Allami Operahaz), Andrassy ut 22, Budapest 1061 Hungary
Walk down Andrassy ut, you'll soon realize why Budapest is also known as the Paris of the east. Walk past the beautiful Opera house, one of the finest examples of Neo-Renaissance architecture in existence today.
Pass By: Heroes' Square, Andrassy Avenue Next to City Park in the VI. District, Budapest 1062 Hungary
Heroes’ Square takes pride of place at the end of Andrassy Avenue, Budapest’s Champs-Élysées-esque boulevard. Heroes’ Square features the colossal Seven Chieftains of the Magyars statue complex and the Memorial Stone of Heroes, which stands in tribute to those who have died defending Hungary. The Museum of Fine Arts and the Palace of Arts are also positioned around the outside edges of the square, which make an informative cultural addition to any guided tour of the area.
Pass By: Central Market Hall, Vamhaz korut, 1-3, Budapest 1093 Hungary
Are you a foodie? Then ask your host to take you to the Great Market Hall (Nagycsarnok) and learn about Hungarian food and the best local ingredients. This magnificent venue holds more than 100 stalls over three floors, housed in a wonderful, Neo-Gothic-style building.
Departure Point :Budapest, Hungary
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/11/2019 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Itineraries are fully personalized so any additional requirements like tickets, transportation and food & drinks can be arranged for an additional cost
- Private groups are normally no larger than 6 people (if your group is larger, please make this known so that arrangements can be made)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.