Budapest Jewish Heritage Tour
Explore the Historic Jewish Quarter, one of the oldest and most popular parts of Budapest!
This living quarter is uniquely characterised by the culture of the Jewish community (the largest Jewish community of about 80 000 people lives in Budapest, in East-Central Europe) that settled down here centuries ago.
The third largest synagogue in the world (the second largest one in Europe), the Jewish Museum and Archives with a rich collection and the most important Jewish religious and cultural institutions are located here.
The quarter has been on the list of the UNESCO World Heritage since 2002.
Let's discover the history, costumes, traditions and festivals together!
PLEASE NOTE, THAT THE SYNAGOGUES AND THE MUSEUM ARE CLOSED ON FRIDAYS' AFTERNOON AND ON SATURDAYS' BECOUSE OF THE 'SABBATH'!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation (if it needs)
- Our journey is going to start from the meeting point (where is the most comfortable for you, for example your hotel), than we head straight to the Great Synagogue, the symbol of the Jews of Budapest. The religious and cultural life of the Jews living here took place mostly in the area bordered by the three important synagogues representing the three religious trends of Judaism in Hungary. This area is the so called "Jewish Triangle".
Then we are going to visit the Jewish Museum, contains an amazing history both in it's unique collection of Jewish artifacts, and in the story that exists behind the museum and property itself.
On our tour we are going to discover the must see sights of the Jewish quarter such as:
The Cemetery of Heroes
The Temple of Heroes
Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Garden and the Monument of the Hungarian Jewish Martyrs
Carl Lutz Memorial Park
Rumbach Street Synagogue
The Orthodox Great Synagogue
The colourful Jewish quarter became one of the most popular part of Budapest with its nice kosher cafés, restaurants, pubs and cultural centers.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation method: walking and public transport
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.