Cape Romano Shelling and Sightseeing Boat Tour from Marco Island
Our Cape Romano Sightseeing and Shelling Tour departs from Caxambas Park Marina, on the south end of Marco Island. On our two hour ecotour you will experience one of the most popular adventures we are known for, we will take a fifteen minute boat ride from our launch location to Cape Romano, where our Captains will explain the amazing story of the infamous Dome Houses. After viewing Cape Romano, we will stop on a private beach in search of the most exotic tropical sea shells that the Gulf coast is known for. This is a very informational adventure that will keep small children and adults engaged the whole time.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Caxambas Pass Park
- Entry/Admission - Cape Romano
- Entry/Admission - Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Caxambas Pass Park, 909 Collier Ct, Marco Island, FL 34145-6514
We depart from Caxambas Park Marina at the south end of Marco Island. Caxambas Park is a beautiful water access point located at 909 Collier Ct. This location includes a four-acre park, ample free parking, restrooms, concessions for sale from sunscreen to food and allows easy access to the northern Ten Thousand Islands or Gulf of Mexico.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Cape Romano, South of Marco, on the Gulf, only by boat, Marco Island, FL
Pass by kise island and take a look for the resident bald eagles that nest yearly.
Stop At: Cape Romano, South of Marco, on the Gulf, only by boat, Marco Island, FL
Bob Lee, a now-deceased retired oil producer, spent much of the years 1978 and 1979 surveying and purchasing land on Cape Romano in hopes of constructing a vacation home.He eventually purchased four adjacent plots of land for his project.
In 1980, Lee began constructing the home, which was a white-painted concrete structure. He purchased a barge to transport supplies for the building. The house consisted of six stout, interconnected dome structures, which made up the rooms of the house, and some of which had two levels. It was 2,400 square feet and featured three bedrooms and three bathrooms.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve, 300 Tower Rd, Naples, FL 34113-8031
Stop on a private beach in search of the most exotic sea shells that the Gulf Coast is famous for.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :909 Collier Ct, Marco Island, FL 34145, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant and kids life preservers are available.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.