Caribbean Sea Snorkeling, underground river and cenote adventure from Tulum
This half-day tour combines snorkeling in the Caribbean sea with an amazing cenote adventure. You will visit the second largest reef in the world in front of Tankah bay and then a 600-meter long cave, where you can see the different types of limestone formations and learn about the meaning and importance that these cenotes have in these region.
Your tour includes Pick up, Drop off, Transportation to the sites, Entrance fees, Lunch, Equipment and a guide all the time.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (revise confirmation email for pick up time)
- All entrance fees
- The use of life vest is mandatory in all boat tours (provided by Mexico Kan Tours)
What's excluded :
- Extra Transportation Fees (North of Tulum). +$10USD per person extra for pick-ups between Bahía Puerto Principe and Puerto Aventuras. +$20USD per person extra for pick-ups between Puerto Aventuras and Playa del Carmen Colosio Street. +$30USD per person extra for pick-ups between Colosio Street (North of Playa) del Carmen to Iberostar Grand Paraiso.
This is a half day tour that combines snorkeling on the Mesoamerican barrier reef with an awesome private cenote & cave. First we visit the ocean to snorkel with the vast array of Caribbean fish and there is always the possibility to see a stingray or a sea turtle. For this activity we visit an inlet or a bay to avoid waves and currents, making the snorkeling safe & easy.
Cenotes are one of the most attractive characteristics of the landscape of the Yucatan peninsula. These amazing caves are full of all kinds of magnificent limestone formations, stalactites and columns. But it is the fact that they are flooded with rainwater which makes them so special.These natural wells were and still are considered sacred - they provide access to the vital liquid that gives life (water) and in traditional Mayan thought, they are also the entrance to the Underworld.
We visit an exclusive cavern where we are able to appreciate the different kinds of formations and learn about their process of evolution, walking through galleries for 600 m. underground. This is a truly magical and spiritual journey through the Mayan Underworld.
• Tankah, Carretera Federal 307 Km 233, Tulum 77760 Mexico
• Mexico Kan Tours, Tulum Mexico
• Tulum Archaeological Site, Carretera Federal, Cancun - Chetumal Km 230, 307, Tulum 77780 Mexico
Departure Point :1: Mexico Kan Tours- Eco Tours Tulum Riviera Maya, Avenida Tulum S/N. Entre Orion y, Calle Centauro Sur, Tulum Centro, Centro, 77760 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
2: Oxxo Puerto Morelos, Av Javier Rojo Gomez 1270, Esq, Av Tulum, Puerto Morelos, Q.R., Mexico
3: Micheladas del Semáforo, Mz 1, Lt 2, Carr. Cancún - Tulum, Smz 18, 18, 77580 Puerto Morelos, Q.R., Mexico
4: Starbucks, Calle Quinta Avenida S/N, Gonzalo Guerrero, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
5: Go Mart, KM 2695 MZA 29 LTE 2, México 307, 77780 Puerto Aventuras, Q.R., Mexico
6: OXXO, Chanchen Palmar, Camino Acceso A Playas s/N, Yodzonot, 77785 Akumal, Q.R., Mexico
7: Coba archaeological site, Quintana Roo, Mexico
8: Iglesia de San Servacio, Calle 41, Centro, Valladolid, Yuc., Mexico
9: Casino Palace Bingo & Sport Bets® Cancun, Av Tulum Esq Jabali con SM20 MZ 09, Av. Labná, Colonia Centro, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
10: Forum By The Sea, Blvd. Kukulcan, Punta Cancun, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up in the immediate Tulum area is included in the price of the tour. Pick up can be arrnaged to your hotel or holiday rental if given an exact address.Additional fee applies for pick ups between Tulum and Playa del Carmen
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Don't Forget to Bring:
- Bathing Suit.
- Water Shoes and Flip Flops.
- Extra T-Shirt.
- Sun glasses.
- Cash (Most of the local vendors only accept cash).
- Only if necessary: Bio degradable Sun Screen & Bio Degradable Mosquito Repellent.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Necessary COVID-19 prevention measures are implemented during the tour (50% capacity, Antibactial gel available and facemasks complusory, sanitization of vehicles and equipment, safe distance between all participants, groups from 2 to 6 people maximum, private tour possible)
- If you present any of the following symptoms (fever, dry cough, tiredness, headaches, aches and pains), please refrain from joining the tour, contact us as soon as possible and look for medical assistance
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The vehicles will be filled to 30% 40% or 60% of their capacity according to the color system issued by the government of Quintana Roo, Mexico. During the whole excursion and for each activity, we will be using antibacterial gel.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.