Chiloe Island: Penguins of Puñihuil- Ancud City & famous "Curanto al Hoyo"
Day trip to Chiloe Island, including hotel or airport pick-up from Puerto Montt and round-trip transport by ferry from Pargua. We start our tour taking the Panamericana Route 5 towards the south for about 80 miles to reach the town of Pargua. Here we take a ferry that will allow us to cross the Chacao Canal and reach the Isla Grande de Chiloe. Get up close to wildlife on Puñihuil beach of Chiloè Island where you will enjoy seeing Magellanic and Humboldt penguins. Head back to the city of Ancud to enjoy lunch and afterwards visit the Fort of San Antonio, which hosts interesting stories and myths about the island. Before heading back to the pick-up we will visit the local handicrafts market where you can shop for souvenirs.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Canal De Chacao
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Islotes de Punihuil
- Entry/Admission - Chiloe Island Penguin Colony
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canal De Chacao, Chacao Chile
Enjoy a complimentary hotel or airport pickup and drop off from Puerto Montt. We start our tour taking the Panamericana Route 5 south for about 80 miles to reach the town of Pargua where we get on board of a ferry that will allow us to cross the Chacao Canal and reach the Isla Grande de Chiloe (Island of Chiloe).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Islotes de Punihuil, Isla Chiloe Chile
Following this we will continue our journey to Puñihuil beach, where we board a boat that will take us to some islets where is possible to see the Magellanic Penguin and the Humboldt.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Chiloe Island Penguin Colony, Punihuil, Isla Chiloe Chile
This will be a true experience as this is the only place in the world where these two species coexist together. Navigation ticket not included.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Museo Regional de Ancud, Libertad 370, Ancud, Isla Chiloe Chile
Take a trip to the past accompanied by your expert guide and learn about exhibits detailing native artifacts and lifestyle. There is a variety of items, including crafts, church relics, fossils, and photographs.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Catedral de Ancud, Plaza de Armas, Ancud, Isla Chiloe Chile
Take a look inside the church that is right at the "plaza" (townsquare). Learn about its history from your expert guide.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Fuerte San Antonio, Lord Cochrane and San Antonio, Ancud, Isla Chiloe Chile
Historical fort overlooking the bay. Learn from your expert guide about the final Spanish military fort in South America.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Plaza de Armas de Ancud, Calle Libertad, Ancud, Isla Chiloe Chile
Then we will go to the city of Ancud where we will have lunch in a typical restaurant of Chiloé Island. Food service is not included. After this, visit the Plaza de Armas where we will learn about the myths and legends of the region.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Quetalmahue, Quetalmahue, Isla Chiloe, Los Lagos Region
Here you will see firsthand how a typical "Curanto al Hoyo" is made! Hot on the rocks in the ground.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can also pick-up from Ancud if that is where you are staying. Please inform us at time of booking.Ports
- puerto montt cruise port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our group size is 10 people or less complying with the venue regulations during this post-Covid-19. Only 2 people per row, so if you are traveling with someone you are only with that person beside you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.