Cliffs of Moher Private Tour from Limerick
From the top of the mighty Cliffs of Moher, you can truly feel the awesome power of western Ireland's landscape. Rising to heights of 700 feet (214 meters), the Cliffs of Moher explode from the sea and face the Atlantic horizon, and offer spectacular views of the coast and the Aran Islands offshore. With this full-day, private tour from Limerick, you'll not only get to stand atop the sheer, windswept cliffs, but also visit the town of Doolin, The Burren, or Bunratty Castle.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Boat trip from Doolin
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- At 9:30am, you'll meet your private guide and driver in front of your Limerick hotel. Before you've even left the city, the driver will already be telling stories about the city itself, included the history of King John's castle and how the city was once walled.
Having left the heart of Limerick behind, you'll pass through small, traditional villages like Corofin and Kilfenora, as well as the outskirts of Lisdoonvarna, which is famously known for its match-making festival that takes place each September.
Your first stop will be at The Burren, a landscape of limestone karst formations that is home to many of western Ireland's most rare species of plants. Continue the drive to the town of Doolin, a small village that's great for lunch and a taste of "Dooliner" beer. From here you'll head to the Cliffs of Moher, and there's also the option to see the cliffs by taking a boat from Doolin. These cliffs consume over five miles (seven kilometers) of coastline, and stretch to heights over 700 feet as they rise straight up from the sea.
Enjoy the spectacular views and walkways surrounding the Cliffs of Moher, where the view looks out toward the Aran Islands and the Atlantic horizon beyond. On the drive back toward Limerick you can choose to make a stop at Bunratty Castle—a large castle in County Clare that was built in the 15th century. Or, if you'd rather stop for souvenirs and spend the afternoon shopping, your guide can offer to make a stop at Blarney Woolen Mills.
After a full day of experiencing the villages and sights, your tour finishes back at the door of your Limerick accommodation.
Departure Point :Your centrally located Limerick accommodation
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Same as departure
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.