Costa Rican Wildlife: Palo Verde National Park Private Tour
On this tour you will take a relaxing riverboat cruise down the famous Tempisque River for an educational wildlife tour. A major feature of the park is the density and variety of bird species, a major factor in the creation of the reserve, due in part to its diverse ecology, with 15 different topographical zones from evergreen forests to mangrove swamps. Birds spotted regularly in the park include great curassows, scarlet macaws, white ibis, roseate spoonbills, anhingas, jabirus, and wood storks among many others.The park protects one of the most endangered ecosystems. It is one of the last remaining tropical dry rainforests that once covered most of Central America. Tropical dry rainforests now exist in less than 0.1% of their original size and are considered to be the most endangered ecosystems in the tropics.
The Palo Verde National Park, Spanish for "Green Tree", is a National Park of Costa Rica, part of the Tempisque Conservation Area.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestre Cipanci- Sector ACT
- Entry/Admission - Rancho Los Coyotes
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestre Cipanci- Sector ACT, Bolson, Provincia de Guanacaste, Santa Cruz, Costa Rica
Explore the Palo verde national park and take a relaxing riverboat cruise down the famous Tempisque River which border Palo Verde National Park. Enjoy an incredible number of birds, Howler Monkies and white face Capuchin Monkies, as well as crocodiles and some other species in their natural habitat.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Filadelfia, Filadelfia, Province of Guanacaste
There is a short stop at the little town of Filadelfia, to enjoy the real Costarican culture also we visit the central park where you can see tens of giant iguanas in their natural habitat.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: River Tempisque, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
You will stop at Rio Tempisque to see the local Sandmen at work, and learn why, for many generations, they have been extracting the sands from the inner river by hand.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Rancho Los Coyotes, Ortega, Guanacaste (1.6 km al oeste, 100 m al sur), Provincia de Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Enjoy the best typical Costa Rican food at Rancho los Coyotes cooked by expert women who have passed their knowledge from generation to generation, these delicacies are cooked entirely with a wood stove the best way to give the authentic flavor of Costa Rica to your lunch.
Also learn how the sabaneros (caw boys) and their families lived in the past, with a short tour of a model house with many relics to teach. you will see a Chorotega Indian Artist demonstrate how their authentic art of pottery making has been passed from generation to generation for hundreds of years.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up at at any other location near by the resorts listed.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 paying people per booking is required
- Please check the Tour options and pricing that you are buying. Since the number of people does not match with the pricing the balance will be pay it at the pick up time in cash.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- infants meals are not included
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.