Cotopaxi Hiking and Biking Shared Day Tour
From Quito, it is a two hour ride. You will stop on the way to enjoy a local breakfast. You will start the hike from the parking lot at around 4,500 meters to the mountain refuge at around 4,800 meters. In the refuge you might find the little bar open to serve you a hot chocolate or coffee and from there you will walk back to the parking lot. From there you will start the biking part of the tour. The bike ride is about one hour and brings you into the beautiful paramo landscape and when the conditions are good you can bike until the Limpiopungo lake.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Transportation from and to Quito’s meeting point.
- Meals as described in itinerary (1x breakfast 1x lunch)
- Mountain bike & helmet
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Extra drinks and food
- Tips for guide
- Personal health & travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cotopaxi National Park, Ecuador
You will have breakfast at a local restaurant. Then, you will start the hike from the parking lot at around 4,500 meters to the mountain refuge at around 4,800 meters.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cotopaxi National Park, Ecuador
At 11:30, you will begin biking descent. The bike ride is about one hour and brings you into the beautiful paramo landscape. Then, you will enjoy lunch at local restaurant.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :1: Centro Histórico, Quito, Ecuador
2: Plaza Foch, Quito 170143, Ecuador
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, rain jacket, gloves, a big bottle of water, sun block SPF 50-100, a cap or hut, a scarf or buff, sunglasses and passport.
- Keep in mind that climate at 4000 meters can change suddenly from sunny to cold with stormy winds and wet snow.
- It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unpredictable circumstances
- In order to process your reservation please help us with all this information:
- Arrival and departure information of international flights
- Whatsapp phone number (in case you use Whatsapp and would like us to contact you that during your stay via Whatsapp)
- For all guests:
- Passport numbers
- Date of birth
- Food restrictions
- Medical restrictions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please take into consideration that lunch will be served at around 03:00 PM, so it is recommended to bring some extra food.
- Please note: For the use of bicycles, you will be kindly asked to sign a document that you accept responsibility of the good use of the bicycle and you will be asked to let an identity document that will be given back after the tour. Thank you for your comprehension
- Necessary equipment: Please bring with you the following items: warm clothing (including a change of clothes) gloves, scarf, hat, sunglasses, long socks, cotton pants and waterproof jacket. Water. Hiking shoes/boots. Camera. Snacks. Sun cream
- In order to process your reservation please help us with all this information: Meeting point In La Mariscal or In the Historical centre (old town)
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Travelers must bring with them extra sanitary items to be used during the entire tour. Transportation: Passengers will be seated skipping a place to maintain the distance required. Medicine: Travelers should bring their medications from their countries.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.