Danube Bend Excursion - Esztergom, Visegrád, Szentendre
This tour provides a pleasant ride in the beautiful region of the picturesque Danube Bend exploring some of the oldest settlements in Hungary which played very important role in the Hungarian history: ESZTERGOM - the former capital city, the seat of the Hungarian Catholic Church. The history of the town accumulates the history of the whole country. It was the birth and coronation place of the first Hungarian king, St. Stephen, as well as the capital of Hungary until the 13th century. The Basilica of Esztergom is the third largest church in Europe. VISEGRÁD- the "high fortress". Visegrád was always in the center of attention during history due to its favorable amenities and essential strategical role. Visegrád is famous for the remains of the Early Renaissance summer palace of King Matthias Corvinus of Hungary and the medieval citadel. SZENTENDRE- the charming artists' village with beautiful museums and art galleries.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees: Esztergom Bazilika: 1500 HUF Royal Palace: 1500HUF Visegrád Fellegvár: 1700 HUF Szentendre: ~1200 HUF- it depends on where you would like to get in
- Food and drinks
- I pick you up at your hotel or wherever is the most convenient for you, then we start our historic journey in this beautiful region enjoying the magnificant landmarks.
-ESZTERGOM, where we visit the the largest church and the tallest building in Hungary. In the upstairs rooms of the BASILICA, we can admire the masterpieces of the world-famous CATHEDRAL TREASURY. Hungary's richest religious treasury, goldsmith and textile collection is significant on a worldwide scale.
Then we visit the CASTLE MUSEUM, where we can see the remains of the palaces of kings from the Árpad era, and the later archbishops.
-VISEGRÁD, where we explore the MEDIEVAL FORTRESS and enjoy the great panorama of the Danube Bend.
-We have a pleasent walk in the charming Artists' village of SZENTENDRE discovering some really interesting places such as the Micro Wonder Museum, a grand collection of miniature art so tiny you can only see it through the lens of a microscope!
NOTICE: The order depends on the opening hours and your requests.
Departure Point :Your hotel or wherever is the most convenient for You.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The tour is available for bigger sized groups as well just please contact me!
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.