Discover Volcano Country
Travel through the remote and rugged landscape of Kau--home to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, black sand beaches and a private lava tube. Discover how the powerful forces of nature have shaped the people and landscape of this dynamic region, Hawaii’s largest land district. The perfect blend of nature and culture led by an expert Interpretive Guide, this tour reveals what it’s like to live on two active volcanoes.
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Hotel / Airport / Port pickup
- Hotel / Airport / Port drop off
- Use of daypacks, walking staffs, & raingear
- Access to private lava tube
- Entry/Admission - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Volcano National Park, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI
Explore the HVNP's highlights and "must see" spots including the Devastation Trail, the drastically changed Halemaumau Crater, and HVNP Visitors Center.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Richardson Beach Park, 2279 Kalanianaole Ave, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
Walk across a crystal-fine black sand beach as you search for basking sea turtles
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Big Island Candies, 585 Hinano St #4428, Hilo, HI 96720Airports
- Hilo Intl Airport, 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
- Hilo Harbor
Departure Time :8:35 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Recommended to wear closed-toe shoes, wear or bring long pants, and a light jacket.
- Guests on this tour should not be physically challenged or unable to walk short distances of 1 mile on uneven terrain.
- Meals - Lunch is provided. Guests have a choice of Turkey, Ham, Tuna, Macadamia Nut Chicken, or Garden Fresh Vegetarian sandwiches; it is served with a side of potato chips & dessert. Beverages include water, juice, or sodas.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We have developed an approach that introduces a new standard of cleanliness and disinfection to ensure our guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer experience. Implementing strict protocols and using the latest disinfection technology, updated continuously to current State and Federal Guidelines.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.