Early Morning Colosseum and Ancient Rome Small Group Tour
Enjoy beating the crowd, the heat and the long ticket lines with the Early Morning Colosseum & Ancient Rome Guided Tour. Your expert English speaking guide will take you on a journey back in time, recreating the amazing history and mysteries of the largest amphitheatre ever constructed in the centre of ancient Rome. On your tour you will beat the crowd skipping the long ticket lines to venture deep inside the walls of the Colosseum discovering its many secrets and gory past. You will visit the ground floor and second level giving you a great view inside the Colosseum. Join us on this Skip The Line Guided Colosseum Tour and discover the secrets held within the walls of this incredible monument.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English Speaking guide
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
You will meet your guide at our office in Via della Polveriera nr.8 in Rome.
Being one of the most visited monuments in the world, there are regularly long ticket lines at the Colosseum. By joining our Early Morning Colosseum Tour we will provide you with 'skip the line' entrance tickets, so the group can head straight inside and not waste time standing around in ticket lines.
As you walk inside the Colosseum, you will begin to feel the magnitude of where you are. Exploring the ground floor level and up to the second tier, your guide will recreate the past, with stories of epic battles, painting pictures in your mind, bringing to life the walls that surround you.
Learn about the types of games and ferocious battles that the Romans enjoyed the most. See where the emperor would be perched, high above the arena floor, ready to decide the fate of another gladiator as he stood before a roaring Roman crowd. Along with providing you with expert knowledge, your guide will also point out the best places to capture that perfect picture during your tour, as you tour the circumference of the Colosseum.
The tour will consist of 2 separate parts, 1 hour in the Colosseum & 1 hour in the Roman Forum and Palatine hill area.
These tours are separated by a break to allow time for pictures or to spend more time in the monument or attraction
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
The Roman Forum & Palatine Hill part of the tour have various meeting times throughout the day.
You will be guided on foot, a short distance to the entrance of the Palatine Hill. Entering with the tour group, you will enjoy the direct access again without having to wait in the ticket line. From here you will be guided around the most famous of Rome's Seven Hills, which provides one of the very best vantage points in all of Rome for panoramic photographs of the Colosseum, and the ruins of the Roman Forum below.
Coming down from the Palatine Hill will see you enter the magical, Roman Forum. This was the “city square” of ancient Rome, and it is filled with numerous landmarks dating from every period of the Roman state. The expert tour guide will explain to you the significance of each inscription and monument, and you will get a feel for what it must have been like to walk through the marketplace in ancient Rome.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Via della Polveriera, 8, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Roman Forum, Via della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in at least 20 minutes prior to your tour departure time.
- If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Please be advised capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events.
- Cancellations, changes or issues due to weather, security and events held by the monument are beyond our control and are directly decided by their administration team. These issues will be reviewed by us and dealt with on an individual basis but are the responsibility of the monument.
- All visitors must pass through the monument/attraction security check please allow at least 20 minutes to clear security.
- The exact timings and reservations can vary, dependant on the monument/attractions administration offices availabilities and decisions on the booking day and can be subject to last minute changes. Departure time can differ up to 20 minutes from your selected time.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the monument.
- All clients will be asked to show a photo ID, you must bring a photo ID to be allowed into the Colosseum.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Pets are not allowed inside the venue
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.