Exclusive MONREALE and SEGESTA Tour - with Local Guide - starts from Palermo
• Exclusive Private Tour with licensed LOCAL GUIDE
• Comfortable Transport from your hotel by Luxury Mercedes Minivan
• Great introduction to Sicily for first time visitors
• Visit two among the greatest sights of Italy
Relax on a scenic drive through the Sicilian countryside to reach SEGESTA. The well preserved temple and the greek theater were built in the late 5th century BC. A visit to Segesta, which has inspired generations of travelers and artists, is an experience you cannot miss. The Monastery of MONREALE commissioned by William II (1154-89), the Norman ruler of Sicily. The highlight of the Cathedral is its interior, incandescent with the gold of the mosaics, covering the walls of the nave, aisles, transept and apse.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide/driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Exclusive Private tour
- Bottled water
- Transportation by Mercedes V-Class Minivan
- Guided Tour in Segesta and Monreale
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Tempio di Segesta
- Entry/Admission - Teatro Greco di Segesta
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Monreale
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tempio di Segesta, Contrada Barbaro SNC, 91013 Calatafimi-Segesta, Sicily Italy
Meet your Local Guide in the morning and head on board of a Luxury Mercedes Minivan towards west, following the beautiful Gulf of Castellammare, driving trough the pleasant wine producing area of "Bianco d'Alcamo" till SEGESTA. Together with your guide you'll visit the heritage of the Greeks in this singular archeological area. Temple and Theater are embedded in a wonderful countryside. Visible are also the remains of an Arabic mosque, a Norman church and the Roman Forum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Teatro Greco di Segesta, Contrada Barbaro SNC, 91013 Calatafimi-Segesta, Sicily Italy
Higher still is the THEATER that offers great panoramic views. New excavations that have uncovered the remains of a stoà a place where citizens strolled and discussed among themselves, an agora where assemblies were held. The high-stepped, semi-circular theatre opens onto a breathtaking panorama over the surrounding countryside with the sea in the distance.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Duomo di Monreale, Piazza Guglielmo II 1, 90046, Monreale, Sicily Italy
Continue to MONREALE - the apotheosis of Norman architecture in Sicily, the Cathedral with its splendid mosaics from the 12th century, it is part of the World Heritage Arab Norman Period, built under William II. It rivals Saint Sophia in Istanbul and Saint Mark's in Venice in its use of decorative mosaics. While it is Romanesque in overall style, the cathedral combines aspects of Arab, Byzantine and Norman architecture. Back to your hotel or port.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
at your Hotel in Palermo
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No infants allowed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- ● Wear masks while in enclosed spaces, like vehicles or museums ● Be aware of and respect local health and safety regulations and advisories
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.