Full-Day Cajas National Park Tour with Small-Group
Enjoy our hiking adventure in Cajas National Park! We visit the intercontinental water division and then Toreadora refuge to take a hike through the highlands to explore the Cajas lake system and the unique Polylepis Forest. Afterwards we will visit the LLaviuco montane forest for a second hike.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Licensed Naturalist Tour Guide
- Lunch (if option selected)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Something not mentioned herein
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Cajas National Park, Cuenca 010219 Ecuador
We start out tour with hotel pick ups in Cuenca at 8am.
We drive for about an hour to Toreadora refuge from where we will take a hike in the highlands through the moorland ecosystem of wetlands and lakes to get to the unique forest of Polylepis trees. These are the highest growing trees in the world and are native to South America.
Afterwards, we will explore the Llaviuco Montane Forest where you will be able to appreciate the contrast of the park. After a full day adventure we drive back to Cuenca.
We will stop at a local restaurant for lunch. The specialty is trout!
The park includes approximately 768 lakes in an area of 70,533 acres. It is one of the most important water sources in Cuenca and Ecuador. It has gained international prominence in several categories: Wetland of International Importance in 2002 by RAMSAR, Area of International Importance for the Conservation of Birds by IBA in 2003 and Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 2013.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian/Vegan/Gluten Free/Lactose Free options are available, please advise at time of booking
- For 1 to 5 passengers, a bilingual guide will also be the driver. For more than 5 passengers, a driver and a bilingual guide will be provided.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.