Full-Day Private Tour around Lake Balaton from Budapest by Car with lunch
On this unique tour you will visit the most beautiful parts and hidden treasures of Central-Europe's biggest lake - Balaton.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Lake Balaton, or as locals like to call it, the ”Hungarian sea”, is the largest lake of Central Europe, an important element of the hydrology of Hungary. From Budapest, it can be reached in an hour by car. It is 77 km long, its width is between 1,3 and 14 km (7,8 km on average) and its surface area is 594 km2. On the sunny slopes of Balaton Uplands, a lot of grapes and fruits are grown.
Our first stop is Herend. Those who are on their way to Herend can catch sight of the special, stately building complex – accommodating the Porcelanium Visitor Center (closed on every Monday) – right from a distance. It goes without saying that the mission of the Herend Porcelain Manufactory is also evident from here: to provide, apart from producing fine porcelain, ideal conditions for popularizing this special profession and technology as well as to pass on the tradition of applied arts. Herend is the center of artistic porcelain production in Hungary. Until quite recently only a select few could explore the mystery of the creation of these wonderful examples of masterful craftsmanship. Today this is an opportunity open to everyone.
After Herend we continue our visit by the lake.
You will have a traditional Hungarian lunch at one of the Csárda's. The “csárda” is a Hungarian restaurant with a folkloric atmosphere. Originally it would have been an inn, often situated outside the village, which was frequented mainly by travelers.
The lake’s eastern basin is separated from the rest of the lake by the Tihany Peninsula. Tihany is one of the most beautifully located settlements in Hungary, a town rich in spectacular landscapes and natural conditions. Its main sight is the Tihany Abbey, a Benedictine monastery, which was founded by King Andrew I in 1055, in honor of Saint Aignan of Orleans and Virgin Mary.
The oldest holiday resort on Balaton’s shore, the ”capital of the northern shore”, Balatonfüred is located just a five-minute drive from Tihany. A walk under the shady trees of Tagore promenade is an eternal experience for every visitor.
The next stop is Csopak, It is famous for its wine, usually and traditionally made of olaszrizling. Here we will see the beautiful vinyards.
Our last stop is Balatonalmádi, a popular resort town near the northeast corner. The view point gives us a fantastic view over the Lake.
In the summer season you can visit one of the vineyards of Balaton. The Balaton area produces mostly crisp and aromatic white wines, though the southern shore is producing an increasing amount of reds.
Departure Point :Your centrally located hotel in Budapest
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :The same place of the pick up.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.