Full Day Tour of Sun Island in Copacabana from La Paz
Starting with pickup from your hotel, or from a designated meeting point in La Paz, you will get a chance to visit Copacabana and the south part of Sun Island, all led by a professional guide. Once you reach the city, lunch will be provided, and then you'll get on a boat to see the historical attractions on Sun Island. Travelers will get a chance to visit the town of Yumani as well as the Inca Steps and the fountain that they refer to as the Fountain of Youth.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (downtown hotels only)
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Entry/Admission - Isla del Sol
What's excluded :
- Snacks and drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel drop-off
- Leave La Paz at around 7 am. After aproximately 3 hours you will arrive to Tiquina, the narrowest part of the lake, where you will cross to the other side by boat and meet the bus on the other side to continue with the trip, after another 30-40 minutes you will arrive to the town of Copacabana. Once there you will have lunch and then head towards the shore to catch a boat to the Sun Island, in the south part of the Island you will see the Inca steps and the Inca fountain, also known as the youth fountain, this fountain represents the 3 pillars of the Aymara Culture, Ama Sua, Ama Llulla and Ama Quella, which mean, you shall not steal, shall not lie and shall not be lazy. Afterwards you will visit the town of Yumani and then start heading back to the port to catch the boat back to Copacabana. Once in Copacabana you will visit the Church, main square and crafts market and by 6 pm you will catch the bus back to La Paz, you should arrive back in the city by 10 pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required, also let us know if you have any allergies or restrictions.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.