There has always been something mysterious about Northern Norway. This was where people went, never to return, amidst the unruly waves underneath the silent, brooding mountains. Who knows what may be lurking just outside the reach of the bonfire's light? Horror and death may never have been closer.
Such is not the case all the time, of course, as people have been living good lives here for thousands of years. The supernatural has always been around, as an explanation for the inexplicable. And as a source for stories around the fire. Tales of ghosts, monsters and the little people have comforted and frightened us, while confirming our belief that there is something out there. Something that goes bump in the night.
On this tour we will examine the folklore of the region and learn how this little town on the border of the unknown was perceived by the ruling elite in Denmark, half a continent away. To them, we weren't only uncivilised. We were dangerous.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tromso Tourist Information, Samuel Arnesens gate 5 Pb 311, Tromso 9008 Norway
The tourist information is the starting point for this tour through the old parts of the city.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Samuel Arnesens gate 5, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Samuel Arnesens gate 5, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- The tour takes place outdoors.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.