Golden Circle Classic Day Trip from Reykjavik
Discover some of the best sites in Iceland on the the Golden Circle Tour, in the company of a professional guide who will tell you all you need to know about the area's history, culture and nature. Leave the city behind and get into the history of Iceland at Thingvellir National Park, witness the powerful beauty of a multi-tiered waterfall at Gullfoss and walk among bubbling geothermal pools at Geysir Geothermal Area.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pickup and drop off from selected locations (if requested)
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Golden Circle Route
- Entry/Admission - Thingvellir National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Golden Circle Route, Iceland
Get into the history of Iceland at Thingvellir National Park, witness the powerful beauty of a multi-tiered waterfall at Gullfoss and walk among bubbling geothermal pools at Geysir Geothermal Area.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
Learn about some of the thrilling and somewhat gruesome history of Iceland at Thingvellir National Park. It’s significance is so great that it is a designated UNESCO world heritage site. You’ll walk the grounds where Icelandic democracy began and visit sites where Viking-era justice was carried out including the Drowning Pool and the Gallows Rock. Thingvellir is also the place where two tectonic plates are gradually separating creating a gorgeous landscape of steep cliffs and broad fields featuring Thingvallavatn, the largest natural lake in Iceland.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Geysir, Haukadalur Iceland
The Great Geysir, the first of its name, resides in Haukadalur in the Geysir Geothermal Area. The entire area is bubbling with geothermal activity from steam vents to boiling mud pits and the real stars of the geothermal show, the geysers. All other geysers, the world over, are named for Geysir.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Strokkur, Haukadalsvegur, Geysir Iceland
While the Great Geysir erupts only occasionally these days, the last time being in 2016, nearby geyser Strokkur erupts regularly delighting onlookers by shooting hot water high into the air every few minutes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gullfoss, White River, Blaskogabyggd 801 Iceland
The most popular waterfall in Iceland is, without a doubt, Gullfoss (the golden falls). And that is saying quite a lot in a country that is home to thousands of waterfalls. Gullfoss is also considered by many to be one of the most beautiful in Iceland and it is certainly one of the largest. Hearing the roar of the Hvita River as it plunges 32 meters over two tiers into the gorge below is exhilarating. On sunny days, rainbows are abundant in the mist rising from the falls and there are several paths available around the waterfall including one leading down to its bottom so come equipped with your raincoat and have your camera at the ready.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Bus stop #5 Harpa, Sculpture & Shore Walk 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
2: Bus Stop #13 Rauðarárstígur, Laugavegur 120, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
3: Gray Line Iceland, Klettagarðar, Reykjavík, Iceland
4: Bus Stop #3 Lækjargata, Lækjargata 4, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
5: Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is offered from most hotels, guesthouses and cruise ports in the capital area upon request (if option is selected). Due to traffic restrictions in the city center, pickup may not be directly in front of hotel but rather at a nearby designated pickup point.The "No pickup" option does not include hotel pick-up, but only collections from Starting Points.You must contact the local operator after booking to confirm your pick-up location or meeting point. Ports
- Skarfabakki cruise port
- Miðbakki cruise port
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Stops will be made during the tour at locations where facilities can be used
- Stops will be made during the tour at locations where lunch and snacks can be purchased
- A small amount of walking is required to reach the sites
- Foldable wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark. However be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- The tour may be guided in two languages on the same bus
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- • Allow access only via the back door of the vehicle if possible. • Ask passengers to spread throughout the vehicles as possible. • Masks are required inside the coach.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.