Half-Day Horseback Riding Adventure
Half-day horseback excursion takes a total of 5 hours to-and-from San Miguel, and includes transportation, comprehensive instruction, riding lesson, 2.5-hours of riding time plus rest stops, and one delicious ranch style meal prepared right after the ride, at one of the casitas, back at the homestead. All of our horseback adventures are suitable for kids as young as 2 years of age, and our eldest guests have been 84 years young!
per adult from
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Comprehensive riding instruction
- Guided Horseback Excursion (2.5 hours)
- 20 minute break
- Bottled water
- Organic Ranch-style meal
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The first part of our excursion takes us over the plains and amongst the cattle. After a short while we reach the edge of the canyon and begin a 40 minute descent to the bottom of the canyon, where we find a winding river named La Virgen which we will cross at several points. The views are truly breathtaking in every direction and the river crossings fun and exciting. Throughout the ride you will have the opportunity to gallop around.
Half-way through the excursion there will be a stop for a short break to do a little bit of hiking and search for quartz filled geodes, or to simply relax along the edge of the river and take some fantastic photographs.
After this rest stop, continue on your trusty steeds up-and-out of the canyon until reaching it's spectacular cliffs. Here you will make a pause on your horse to take some incredible photos. It is also here that you may wish to rappel off the sheer 120 foot-high cliff faces!
For the grand finale the staff back at the ranch will have one of the most delicious organic ranch-style meals that you will ever experience. This authentic meal includes freshly hand-made tortillas, organic cheese, beans, quesadillas, nopales (cactus), rice, salad, guacamole & salsa, fresh fruit among other traditional dishes.
Departure Point :Coyote Canyon Adventures, Zacateros 54, Zona Centro, 37700 San Miguel de Allende, Gto., Mexico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not recommended for pregnant women in their first or last trimester
- Ride is suitable for participants with back problems, however trotting and galloping are not recommended
- Dress code: Recommend wearing comfortable laced shoes or boots (no flip-flops or sandals), long pants, long- sleeve shirt or light jacket, & sunblock (cowboy hats are available for purchase at the ranch).
- You are required to enter a preferred departure time, please note this is only required as an indication; Use "Special Requirements" to advise information at checkout
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.