Half-Day Tour of Cuenca Including Panama Hat Factory
Head through Cuenca historic district with a local expert that will show you the highlights including churches, beautiful historical buildings with wrought-iron balconies, and carved wooden doors, amidst a flower market, art galleries, etc.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Mercado 10 De Agosto
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mercado 10 De Agosto, Calle Larga, Cuenca 010150 Ecuador
Our tour begins in San Sebastian neighborhood, here we find the Modern Art Museum where the famous international biennial painting contest takes place. We will be able to explore not only the exhibits but also the historical house with its typical architecture.
Afterwards we will visit the "10 de Agosto market", this is the perfect spot to learn about the local products and culture.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kdorfzaun Panama Hat Factory, Ave Gil Ramirez Davalos 8, Cuenca 010150 Ecuador
Then we will visit the Panama hat factory-musuem. Here observe the fabrication of the very famous Panama Hats from a fiber called “paja toquilla”. These hats range from simple inexpensive ones to colorful, elegantly designed and costly ones. Afterwards, we will drive through the “Barranco” which is an area of terraced houses located next to the Tomebamba River.
Finally, we will go to “Mirador de Turi” (scenic viewpoint) to enjoy the beautiful vista of the Cuenca landscape.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please contact us to email@example.com within 2 days notice to reconfirm the tour.
- For 1 to 5 passengers, a bilingual guide will also be the driver. For more than 5 passengers, a driver and a bilingual guide will be provided.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.