Half-Day Tour to Tequila Factory and Villages from Mazatlan
This is the perfect out of town tour. Visit two villages to see their local activities and lifestyles, La Noria and Puerta de Canoas. Learn of the old and current process of tequila at la Vinata where you will witness the equipment that was used in the 1800's to produce tequila and you will see the equipment currently being used. Also don't miss your opportunity to sample the product being made there. Then visit the villages of La Noria to see the handmade products being made. From there you'll visit Puerta de Canoas where the famous "Dancing Horses" are trained, with a great photo op with the horse before lunch back in Mazatlan.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Lunch (if option chosen)
- Entry/Admission - Los Osuna Blue Agave Tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mazatlan Van Tours, Mazatlan 82110 Mexico
After picking you up at your hotel/cruise ship, you will head north of Mazatlan to visit the village La Noria, where you will see the local activities being done the old fashion way, leather belts and leather sandals being hand made, small coconut purses and a variety of souvenirs all made while you watch, wooden horse saddles being carved by hand and a local artist working the pottery.
Not far from this village is La Vinata where you will drive through acres and acres of the blue agave plantation to arrive to the tequila distillery where you will be briefed on the ancient and current process of producing tequila. This tequila factory is unique because it maintains its old equipment that was used in the 1800's for you to witness both processes, and then to sample their product. From here it's off to the charming village of El Quelite on of the most picturesque towns in the area with the colorful houses, cobblestone streets and relaxing environment. This town is known for its cock farm where you can see the roosters first hand, with a stop at the local bakery with an adobe brick oven offering freshly baked pastries.
Then it's time to head back to the center of the village where you can enjoy a delicious local typical lunch, then wander a bit around the plaza and church before heading back to Mazatlan. This tour is highly recommended to enjoy the beautiful sights and to learn about a lot of the culture and history in this area of Mexico.
Stop At: Los Osuna Blue Agave Tour, Road 15 North East of Mazatlan, La Noria Mexico
See the equipment used in the 1800's and the equipment currently being used.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Pick up service at your Hotel or cruise shipDates: Daily
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.