Half-Day WWII Prague Walking Tour
Dive into fascinating stories of heroes and traitors of Czechoslovakia in WWII and see the places, where brave Czechs suffered and died for the freedom of their country.
Step by step, you’ll go with your guide through the most important places and events of WWII in Prague. Cruising through the city you’ll see the former Gestapo headquarters as well as the church where Czech paratroopers who assassinated Reinhard Heydrich fought their last battle.. At the Old Town Square you’ll hear breathtaking stories of Czechs who were defending Prague against German troops during the fights of Prague Uprising and see authentic photographs taken during and right after the fights. Throughout the war, Prague was bombed couple of times and your guide will show you its impact on the daily life of locals.
At last your guide will explain you a political background of the end of WWII, which determined the course of Czechoslovakia for the next 40 years.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional local guide
- Coffee break (coffee, tea or soft drink of your choice included)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Start your half-day WWII Prague walking tour at 1:30 pm, when you meet up with a knowledgable local guide in front of a local bridge in Prague. Dive into the captivating history of the 1930s and World War II and hear how Hitler convinced Czechoslovak allies to betray them in Munich.
With the guide’s interesting and insightful information at hand, travel step-by-step through the most important events of World War II in Prague. Relive the assassination of ‘The Butcher of Prague’, Reinhard Heydrich, by Czech Resistance and visit the place where Czechs were hidden and where they fought their last battle, now used as a museum.
Continue wandering through the historic city and see the former Gestapo and SS headquarters, as well as the square Germans used to parade their troops. Visit the Old Town Square and hear stories of Czechs who defended Prague against German troops during the Prague uprising. Don’t miss the authentic photographs taking during and immediately after the uprising. After learning how the bombing of Prague and World War II in general affects local Czechoslovakians to this day, end the tour at the striking Čechúv bridge. Located on the banks of the river, it’s a picturesque ending to an informative tour.
Departure Point :Křižovnické náměstí, Křižovnické nám., 110 00 Praha 1-Staré Město, Czechia
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Old Town Square, Staroměstské nám., 110 00 Praha 1-Staré Město, Czechia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Tour includes a short coffee break in local café
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.