High Society: Combo Walking Tour & Gibbes Museum
I am the only licensed tour guide in Charleston that is also a docent at the Gibbes Museum of Art. Charleston may not have been the largest city in the colonies, but it certainly was the richest. Art is what made Charleston. This tour connects the stories around the city throughout the Historic District, covering all the iconic landmarks you need to see, followed by a private guided tour of a wonderful museum that showcases the foremost collection of American art that incorporates the story of Charleston.
You will be pleasantly surprised at how charming the Gibbes is!
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Gibbes Museum of Art
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - The Williams Mansion
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rainbow Row, 79 E Bay St # 107, Charleston, SC 29401-2544
Learn about the founder and beginning of this iconic row of Georgian houses; photo stop.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Battery & White Point Gardens, East Battery & Murray Blvd., Charleston, SC 29401
Hear the evolution of who built which mansion along the Battery and hear the tale of Daisy the "Hostess of Charleston's" outlandish tastes at Villa Margarita
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Williams Mansion, 16 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401-2724
Learn about the original owner, George Williams, and his generous spending habits - especially toward his homes and children.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Gibbes Museum of Art, 135 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401-2217
As a docent at the Gibbes, I will conduct a private guided tour of the permanent collection inside the gallery. Afterwards, guests are encouraged to peruse the special exhibits, sculpture, and Lenhardt Garden at their leisure before closing.
Art is the reason.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :158 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :72 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.