Hiking Ijen Crater (Kawah Ijen) via Surabaya
Among tens of active volcanoes found in Java, there is one particular that steal traveler’s attention. It is Mt.Ijen in Banyuwangi, East Java. Located on the eastern tip of Java, Mt.Ijen has a stunning panoramic view, especially on its crater, the Kawah Ijen. A huge crater filled with sulphuric water in blue color.
As an active volcano, Mt.Ijen still sprout its contents in the form of melted sulfur and earth gasses. And so deep beneath the crater lake, the ever-changing sediment of the lake’s bottom creates colorful water. Mostly are sky blue and white on the rim.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Ijen Crater
What's excluded :
- Transport to meeting point
- Meal outside program
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ijen Crater, Banyuwangi 68454 Indonesia
Kawah Ijen or the Ijen Crater offers a stunning panoramic view. The sulfuric sediment on crater bed makes it blue in color. We will hike mount Ijen for 2 - 3 hours to reach the caldera rim of mount Ijen. The track is not too steep so that everyone can manage it. On our way, we will see traditional sulfur miners carrying the sulfur rocks.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Surabaya Gubeng, Jl. Stasiun Gubeng, Pacar Keling, Kec. Tambaksari, Kota SBY, Jawa Timur 60272, Indonesia
Departure Time :5/7/2019 - 10/18/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.