Historical and Cultural Walking Tour in Budapest
Discover the beautiful capital of Hungary on this half-day walking tour, and explore the must see sights of Budapest with a local, licensed, personal guide! The aim of this tour is to provide you with an enjoyable, informative journey which gives you a general overview of Hungarian history, culture, arts, traditions, gastronomy...and gives you a glance into daily life. The tour is flexible in its duration, and it can be customized according to your requests. Don't hesitate to contact if you have any questions or special request! Have a nice time in Hungary!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- I pick you up from your hotel, or wherever is most comfortable for you, and we head straight to the City Park, this is where our tour starts. City Park has many sightseeing opportunities including the glorious Vajdahunyad Castle, Széchenyi bath (the largest thermal bath in the capital), the Zoo and an outdoor Ice skating rink. We then head to Heros Square, where I will give you a short lesson regarding the most important figures in Hungarian history.
Along the famous Andrássy Avenue, we can find the beautiful Neo-renaissance mansions and townhouses featuring fine facades. Homes on this street have been featured on televisions shows such as House Hunters International. it is also one of Budapest's main shopping streets with fine cafes, restaurants, theaters and luxury boutiques.
We have a look inside St. Stephen Basilica, where the most important reliquary, the "Holy Right Hand", the mummified hand of St Stephen is placed. We then walk around the gorgeous Hungarian Parliament and Liberty Square to discover the stories behind every statue of it.
We continue our trip up to the Royal Castle District Crossing the famous Chain Bridge. We visit the charming Royal Castle, Matthias Church with its beautiful frescos and the Fisherman's Bastion. After wandering around in this beautiful historical area, we enjoy the panoramic view for the capital...
Departure Point :Your hotel or anywhere else according to what is the most comfortable for you.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.