Homely Style Osaka Takoyaki Cooking
It’ll take 2.5 hours to take this hands-on takoyaki cooking from scratch.
If you make takoyaki with my recipe, the outside will have crunchy texture while the inside is creamy, and it has UMAMI taste even without takoyaki sauce.
But I love to eat takoyaki with sauce which is a general way to eat takoyaki too!! In this workshop two kinds of takoyaki will be prepared because I couldn’t choose only one. One is a bit sweet which is similar to original takoyaki sauce, and the other is made with soy sauce base.
While we are grilling takoyaki balls, we will make miso soup (soup with miso and Japanese fundamental soup stock), Japanese cucumber salad and black sugar dessert.
You might need some practice to make a perfect takoyaki, but don’t worry!! You can grasp the techniques of takoyaki making shortly with my tips with you.
After cooking, let's have takoyakia, miso soup, cucumber salad and a Japanese-style sweets, and Osaka coke or mineral water.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Lunch - All ingredients for two types of takoyaki, Japanese traditional dishes, and a teat.
- All equipment for cooking, and recipe package to take home.
- Bottled water - Home made umeshu (plum vine)
What's excluded :
- If you’ve always had an interest in Japanese cuisine, and wondered how you can reproduce some of the Japanese dishes you’ve had before, come join us at Terumi's home style cooking class, located 15min away from the heart of Osaka! During this class, you’ll learn to cook a full meal from scratch, starting with a refreshing “cucumber citrus salad for appetizer. You will also have the chance to prepare dashi stock. Preparing great dashi is the fundermental key for Japanese food as it adds the distinctive savory flavor. With this stock, we will then cook miso soup!! Takoyaki is a main dish to make in this class. Takoyaki is a popular street food that originated in Osaka. We’ll be teaching you an original recipe that is easy to follow, but will ensure that your takoyaki balls come out crunchy on the inside while remaining moist and doughy on the inside. In addition to all of these, you will also be making your own sides of Japanese pickles to complement your meal. But that’s not all! You will also get the chance to taste Terumi’s home made umeshu “Plum cocktail”. Soft drinks are also available. Come join us at this hands-on cooking class, and don’t forget to bring your appetite!
• Expo '70 Commemorative Park, 1-1 Senribanpakukoen, Suita 565-0826 Osaka Prefecture
• Japan Folk Crafts Museum (Nihon Mingei-kan), 10-5 Bampaku Koen, Suita Osaka Prefecture
• Nifrel, 2-1 Senribampakukoen insde Expocity, Suita 565-0826 Osaka Prefecture
• Expocity, 2-1 Senribampakukoen, Suita 565-0826 Osaka Prefecture
• The Tower of the Sun, 1-1 Expo Park Senri, Suita 565-0826 Osaka Prefecture
• Osaka takoyaki, miso soup
• Japanese citrus salad
• Umeshu (Plum cocktail) - Home made plum cocktail
Departure Point :IBARAKI STATION, 1 Chome-1 Ekimae, Ibaraki, Osaka 567-0888, Japan
Departure Time :5/25/2019 - 1/2/2022
Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Thursday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Friday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Sunday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.