Huayna potosi 6088m. 2 day Climb
Huayna Potosi is Bolivia’s most popular major peak in the Cordillera Real. Located at just 32 km from the city of La Paz, Huayna Potosi is known for its ease of access and imposing beauty as well as the fact that it is 88 meters over the magic 6000 meter figure. Huayna Potosi can be climbed by beginners with a competent guide and technical equipment. Beginners yes, but fit beginners; it’s quite steep toward the end and it’s a tough climb, but well worth the effort!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide for every 2 customers
- Private transportation for the group
- All meals on the mountain
- Lodging at the Huayna Potosi high camp hut
- Climbing Equipment:
- Crampons, harness, plastic boots, windproof pants and jacket, ice axe, gloves, gaiters, helmet,
What's excluded :
- Sleeping bag (rated to – 5 º c)
- Backpack (minimum 50 liter capacity)
- Trekking pants or leggings
- Fleece jacket / down jacket
- 3 pairs of socks (one thick)
- Snacks for summit attempt
- 20 BOB mountain entrance fee
- Sunglasses / Sunblock
- 2 liters of water
- Personal medication
- Thin liner gloves
- Beanie / woolen hat
- Toilet paper
- Personal items
- Hiking shoes
- Guide tips
We will meet at our office at 9:00 AM and then travel on our private transport to the base camp of Huayna Potosi, located at 4700 meters.
We will have lunch at the base camp, pack our backpacks with all of our technical climbing equipment and personal items, and then hike for 2 hours to our high camp, located at 5170 meters. Upon arrival at our high camp we will have hot drinks, snacks and dinner and go to bed around 6:00 PM.
For all of our activities on this day, we will dress in traditional hiking clothing.
Around 1:00 AM we will begin the ascent. We will have short breaks to rest and eat chocolates and drink water during the ascent.
We plan to arrive at the summit around sunrise in order to appreciate the wonderful view of the highlands, the surrounding Cordillera Real, Lake Titicaca, and the ever unique sunrise itself.
Our descent to high camp will take 2 - 3 hours and upon arrival we will have vegetable soup and hot drinks. At the high camp we will re-pack our backpacks and make the 1 hour descent to base camp.
We usually arrive at our office in La Paz around 1:30 PM.
• Jiwaki, Sagarnaga 342, La Paz, Bolivia
Departure Point :Jiwaki, Sagarnaga 342, La Paz, Bolivia
Traveler pickup is offered
se recoge a los clientes de todos los hoteles de la zona céntrica de La Paz.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.