Icelandic Horseback Riding Tour from Reykjavik
Riding the Icelandic horse is must-do at least once during your visit. It connects you to Icelandic history and allows you to experience the most authentic travel method there is in Iceland. Lava tour is a more popular and ideal adventure for beginners as well as experienced. During the tour you will ride in beautiful landscape with the view of lava, lakes, and mountains around you. For 1.5 to 2 hours, or 4 hours with transfer, your tour offers you a relaxing coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. Included are riding helmets, rubber boots, rain wear, or warm outfit for your ride.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate
- Helmets, rubber boots, rain gear and warm overall
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pre-booked pick-up and drop-off from pick up points in Reykjavik, unless specified with tour option
Before the Lava Tour starts we organize the groups according to riding ability to ensure everyone gets an experience and adventure they want! The slow group will mostly walk and the faster group will ride at a faster pace. If you like to gallop we recommend our Viking tour or Viking Express tour. We recommend that children under the age of 12 stay in the slower group with their guardians unless they are used to riding horses. Our stables are located a short 20-minute drive outside of Reykjavik’s city center. This horseback riding tour is a perfect way to experience the versatility of Icelandic nature in only 2 hours.
• Ishestar Horse Riding Tours, Sorlaskeid 26, Reykjavik 220 Iceland
Departure Point :Sörlaskeið 26, 220 Hafnarfjörður, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up needs to be pre-booked. Please be sure that you've chosen a tour with pick up included if you require to be picked up from your accommodation.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- In our tours up to two children or youth may travel with each adult, paying full fare
- Weight limit is 110kg/240lbs
- Used riding gear is not allowed on the tour or near the horses
- If you arrive in your own car please be at the stables 30 minutes before your tour starts
- Due to possible damage to unborn children pregnant women cannot ride on our tours
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.