Ilhéus das Cabras in the Azores, Terceira Island | OceanEmotion
EAGLE'S RAY CAVE
Eagle's Ray cave is a natural volcanic structure being part of the Cabras Islets, located on the north coast of the smalleslt islet and only accessible by boat, although is limited by the type of boat or sea conditions for the day. On summer season, occasionally we observe inside this cave the Eagle Sting Ray, which originated its name.
per adult from
What's included :
- Experienced guide
- Eagle's Ray Cave (dependent on weather conditions & boat type)
- Swimming at the ocean (dependent on weather conditions)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Due to its high interest, Cabras Islets are considered Protected Area for the management of resources, habitats and species The presence of protected seabirds like the Cory’s Shearwater, Common and Roseate Tern, included on the Annex I of the Habitats Directive, these were classified as a Special Protection Area, as well as their inclusion in the list of Important Bird Areas of the Azores, published by Birdlife International.
Departure Point :Cais d'Angra, Marina de Angra, Angra do Heroísmo, 9700-066 Angra do Heroísmo, Portugal
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.