Lisbon compact- the highlights of the old quarters
Experience colorful Chiado and the squares of Restauradores and Rossio, follow the famous Rua Augusta to the Praça do Comércio
Ideal to get a first impression of the history and structure of the city of Lisbon
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- On this entry-level tour you will learn about the history of Portugal and its capital Lisbon. You will get to know the historic ,neighbourhoods starting with Chiado.
The tour starts at Largo de Camões and leads first to Chiado Square. From there, the path passes the oldest bookstore in the world, Lisbon shows being a city with many superlatives. This is also evident in the place "Largo do Carmo" with the remarkable Carmelite monastery or on the platform of the elevator Sta. Justa with the panoramic view over the old parts of the city.
From Chiado, the tour continues a picturesque staircase down to Baixa, to the places Restauradores and Rossio. Learn about the meaning of the monuments and discover richly decorated houses around these squares hidden places with culinary and cultural highlights. After a glimpse of a stunning church and Moorish-style discoveries (such as Thousand and One Nights), the path will take you through the ornate main street of Lisbon's old town, Rua Augusta. Equipped with the most important information about the great earthquake of 1755, you will reach the Praça do Comércio with its monumental buildings and the historic "Triumphal Arch".
Breathe millennia-old history on this tour - from the historic market of exotic spices to the assassination of King Carlos and his son, the heir to the throne, in 1908, to the so called "carnation revolution" in 1974.
The tour ends at the monument of king D. José I, where you can still get valuable information about typical restaurants, trendy squares and places of interest.
Departure Point :Praça Luís de Camões 580, 1200-208 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Praça do Comércio, 1100-148 Lisboa, Portugal
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.