Livorno Private Shore Excursion to Portovenere and the Cinque Terre
Customized Portovenere and Cinque Terre shore excursion from the port of Livorno for the discerning traveler seeking an authentic Italian experience on a small group tour with only the very best of English speaking driver guides. Discover Italy 'close up' in a Mercedes minivan of up to 7 - 8 people that takes you into the very heart of this beautiful World Heritage site. Get the most of your time ashore to explore the colorful fishing village of Portovenere and adventure through the Cinque Terre villages.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Train or ferry travel through the Cinque Terre
- From Portovenere, begin your adventure through the five lands of the Cinque Terre, a landscape so unique that in 1998 it was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. A great way to discover this area is from the sea and we recommend departing from the harbor to enjoy the ferry ride (additional cost) to Vernazza which is a great stop for lunch at a restaurant set up on the cliffs and looking out across the bay (at own expense). The ferry journey will take you past Riomaggiore and Manarola with great photo opportunities from the sea. Meet up with your driver and visit either Corniglia set up on the hill or enjoy a stroll around Riomaggiore or Manarola. You could continue on to the larger and busier town of Monterosso but please note it is not possible to stop in all the villages in one day and for this tour it is best to keep the day as flexible as possible and see where our journey takes us. In some places you may wish to consider using the train and if the weather and sea conditions are good, we do certainly recommend the local ferry.
The five villages of the Cinque Terre include:
Riomaggiore, an old village set in a small valley planted with vines and named after the brook (rio) which flows down to the beach in a deep winding gully. Manarola, a picturesque village with houses standing on a promontory stretching out to sea and a small harbour/creek for the boats enclosed by rock. The sides of the hills are planted with vines producing the sweet wine “Sciacchetrà”.
Corniglia, the oldest village built around the XI century. Unlike the other villages, it is not directly adjacent to the sea and instead is set on top of a promontory surrounded by vineyards, terraces and olive groves; connected to the sea by 365 steps.
Vernazza, with its proud fishing traditions, faces a little bay surrounded by cliffs and two ancient watch-towers and dominated by the church of Santa Margherita di Antiochia built in 1318 with its foundations in the sea. Monterosso, it is the largest of the villages. The centre is old and interesting with its narrow lanes and colourful houses and the area is renowned for its many lemon trees, white wines, grapes, olives and olive oil.
Wherever your journey takes you today, you will return with wonderful memories to your ship in the port of Livorno at around 1700.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Depending on where your ship docks, your driver will either be waiting on the dock as close to your ship as possible. If there are two gangplank exits he will stand in the centre of both. Or your driver will be waiting after the new passenger terminal that you will have to walk through. He will be holding a sign with your name on it. Ports
- Cruise Terminal Meeting Hall, 57123 Livorno, Province of Livorno, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- As we look forward to welcoming travelers back to Italy we would like to assure you that your health and safety is paramount. Each vehicle is used solely and exclusively for your private group and is sanitized at the end of every service. Face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and tissues are provided.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.