Loch Ness and the Highlands Small-Group Day Tour from Aberdeen
The battles, beauty, and whisky: This is your perfect introduction to Scotland.
You shed a tear as you hear the tales and tragedies of Scotland’s Jacobite Rising at the Culloden Battlefield. You try to take your best photo as you pass by Scotland’s famous mountains and castles. And you lick your lips as you drink in the spirit of Scottish whisky in Dufftown, ‘the Whisky Capital of the World’.
What’s more, you get as close as possible to the legendary Loch Ness Monster on an optional boat trip.
So, take this trip and enjoy the best of Scotland in a day.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned mini-coach
- Small Group Tour (16 people max)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Admission fees
- Entry/Admission - Loch Ness
- Entry/Admission - Culloden Battlefield
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Loch Ness, Scotland
Go on an optional boat cruise or wander around this alluring and eerie loch.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Clava Cairns, Balnuaran of Clava, IV2 5EU Scotland
An ancient site of tombs, stone circles, and ruins. It may also have inspired the famous ‘time portal’ in the Outlander TV series.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre, Culloden Moor IV2 5EU Scotland
Culloden: the location of the final Jacobite Rising. It’s an eerie, flat, tragic landscape that can put the history of Scotland into perspective. The interactive exhibition centre here really brings it all to life.
In less than an hour, around 1,500 men died in this battle. Explore the battlefield and learn how this tragedy came to pass.
**The battle itself lasted 45 mins so stop to reflect that (45 mins enough time for battlefield visit which is free but not exhibition which has an admission fee- also there is a café & toilets available free)
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Bus Station, Guild St, Aberdeen AB11 6NA, UK
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Near public transportation
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Most travelers can participate
- In order to retain the integrity of the tour and try to ensure that all our customers have the best possible experience, we do cap bookings from any one party to 8 passengers.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- • Face coverings are mandatory and must always be worn. • Infrared thermometer temperature check during check-in for tour. Passengers with temperature readings above 38 degrees will not be able to travel for health and safety reasons. • Simple Covid-19 health questionnaire upon arrival.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.