You will be able to meet the locals from the Masai tribe, get to learn they're culture, try out some Masai outfit, and have a little dance with them.
per adult from
5 to 8 minutes
What's included :
- Lunch - You will be provided lunch box, a bottle of big water
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Monduli Mjini
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monduli Mjini, Monduli, Tanzania
The Maasai tribe is the main tribe in Arusha, and a trip to an authentic village should definitely be on your list! When you arrive to the village the women of the tribe will be welcoming you with dancing and singing, in which you are most welcome to join them. After this your guide will show you around the village and explain and answer all your questions about their culture and tradition. Next, usually you are invited for a cup of chai (tea) with the elders of the tribe, and here you have another chance of getting answers to all your questions. This part is often followed by the traditional slaughter of a goat where you will be invited to taste the fresh goats blood, as maasai tradition will say this is good for your health and strength. If this is not really your cup of tea, then you are welcome to wait until they barbecue the goat and you can get to taste the meat!
The day usually ends with the men's dance, which is a show-off of who can jump the highest. And boy, can they jump! Of course you are also most welcome to join in this dance. At some point during these activities you will also be served a lunch. Depending on how long you wish your day to be and the range of your price limit, then if the day you picked there is market, where most of the masai worries go to sell and buy there goods especially cattle's, you can also choose to end your day by going shopping and prove to us how good you're at bargaining prices to the locals, We promise you, you don't want to miss any of this!
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :The White House of Tanzania(Hostel), White House of Tanzania Njiro, Nanenane, Arusha, Tanzania
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.