Monte Gordo Guided Hiking Tour from Tarrafal
The highest point of Sao Nicolau is the Monte Gordo (1.312m), and its slopes have been protected by the creation in 2005 of the natural park. Many endemic plants can be found there, and the different trails allows the visitor to discover magnificent sceneries over the island. On the way back to Ribeira Brava a stop in the Faja valley will be dedicated to get some information about agriculture and to enjoy a coffee break at a rural house to try the famous cuscus made out of manioc.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Meet your guide at the hotel reception and drive to Cachaco. Continue on to walk in the natural park of Monte Gordo. Stop for some lunch and enjoy some of the amazing views.
Around 2:30pm continue on to drive to Faja de Baixo and explore the wonderful landscapes. Around 3pm learn about agriculture and enjoy a nice coffee break. Around 4pm you will leave for your drive back to Ribeira Brava.
Conclude your tour around 4:30pm back in your hotel.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Tarrafal
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.