Mouraria Tour by Sitway in Lisbon
Easily get to know the beautiful narrow streets of Lisbon riding a sitway. Our guides will show you the city through the eyes of a local. An excellent alternative to visit Lisbon and a great way to spend time with family or friends.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1 Sitway
- 1 Helmet
- Tour guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Lisbon is known for being an extremely hilly city, so spare your legs and hop on a sitway to discover all its lovely hidden corners. Mouraria or the Mourish quarter is known as Lisbon's most culturally diverse neighborhood. It’s as old as the Portuguese nation, and it got its name when, after the conquest of Lisbon from the Moors in 1147, King Afonso Henriques allowed a small Moorish community to continue living here. There is now little left from those times, however, the Morería remains the most multicultural district of Lisbon, with residents from 56 different nations. Here, you can try exquisite food from many of the world’s cuisines and find the best Oriental food stores, where even the most renowned chefs come to stock up. This hill was the birthplace of many great Portuguese fado singers such as Severa, the greatest fado singer of the
nineteenth century or Mariza who grew up here and is the greatest Fado singer of our day. Easily wonder through its narrow streets of Lisbon’s oldest neighborhood and one of the oldest ones in Europe, with all the fun a sitway provides. Let yourself be taken by the familiar environment created by the conversation of the locals and smell the tradition in the grilled sardines or the soul of a Fado singer.
Participants must be at least 16 years old.
Departure Point :R. da Madalena 56, 1100-150 Lisboa, Portugal
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Participants must be at least 16 years old
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.