Multi-day tour Solentiname Archipelago - 2 nights
Costa Rica to Nicaragua multi-day tour, travel with us from La Fortuna (Costa Rica) to the beautiful archipelago of Solentiname (Nicaragua). Come and discover the islands of the artisans with us. First you travel from La Fortuna to Las Tablillas, border crossing with Nicaragua, by air-conditioned transportation, this is a shared transfer. After border formalities you continue by air-conditioned transportation to San Carlos (Nicaragua). In San Carlos you enjoy lunch and you have a city tour included. Subsequently your journey continues onto Lake Nicaragua, where the islands of Solentiname are situated. Here you stay two nights.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Ground transportation La Fortuna - San Carlos (Nicaragua) and viceversa
- Roundtrip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned transportation
- Border assistance Nicaraguan side of the border
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Accomodation as per itinerary
- Walking tour San Carlos
- Shared boat transportation San Carlos - Solentiname and viceversa
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- The listed price does not include a U$9 per person Costa Rica departure tax, payable at the time of tour check-in. The departure tax is required by our local supplier and/or the local transit or governing authority and is not within our control. The entrance/exit fees in Nicaragua U$14 per person neither are included
- Your multi-day tour (3 days) starts in La Fortuna. After pick up at your hotel by air-conditioned transportation you first travel to Los Chiles, for about 2 hours, here you have a coffee break. Afterwards you go to Las Tablillas which is the border crossing with Nicaragua at about 20 minutes from Los Chiles. Before going to Las Tablillas you first stop at a small office in Los Chiles to pay the exit taxes. Once you arrive at Las Tablillas you to do the border formalities at the Costa Rican side of the border after that you walk across to the Nicaraguan side of the border, a 150 meters walk. Here your guide waits for you to assist you with the immigration process. Your guide accompanies you to the air-conditioned transportation that takes you to San Carlos (Nicaragua). Once you arrive in San Carlos your guides takes you on a walking tour where you learn more about the history and the main attractions of this town. After this you go to a restaurant with a beautiful view over Lake Nicaragua where lunch is included. Subsequently your journey continues onto Lake Nicaragua where the islands of Solentiname are situated. The islands are known for the artisans that live there, some of them make wooden souvenirs from balsa wood others are painters. Your package includes three times lunch, two dinners and two times breakfast. You also have the option to do some optional touring in the area. The optional touring supplement includes a visit to the ¨Los Guatuzos Wildlife Refuge¨ which is known for its rich biodiversity, here you slowly navigate the Papaturro river after that you visit the Ecological Center, which is called Los Guatuzos as well. At the Ecological Center you visit a viewpoint where you experience the abundant flora and fauna from a bird´s eye perspective. Back on Solentiname you visit a local community workshop, where colorful handicraft is being made out of balsa wood, you can participate in the process. After two nights you head back to San Carlos at 09:00 AM and afterwards to La Fortuna. Our guide again assists you at the border, Nicaraguan side, with the border formalities, after that transportation waits for you at the Costa Rican side to take you back to a restaurant in Los Chiles. Here you have lunch (included) and then you go back to your hotel in La Fortuna. You arrive in La Fortuna at 03:30 PM.
Departure Point :All hotels in La Fortuna/Arenal area, if your hotel is located outside the 10 mile radius from the center of La Fortuna a surcharge is applied
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :All hotels in La Fortuna/Arenal area, if your hotel is located outside the 10 mile radius from the center of La Fortuna a surcharge is applied
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide (from La Fortuna to San Carlos)
- Passport need to be valid for at least 6 months prior to the date of entry into Costa Rica/Nicaragua
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.