Mumbai Private Cultural Tour with Lunch and Transport
Uncover the little-known treasures of Mumbai on a 6-hour insider cultural tour with a friendly guide. You will see the unique and unseen side of Mumbai. This experience will be immersive, informative, authentic and enjoyable. This tour will take you beyond the tourist spots and will be a treat to your senses. It is an interactive introduction to Indian society and Indian culture. As you do this tour, you will learn the history of this contemporary city and its ancient roots. This is a cultural tour with a difference, aimed to make you feel like a local and introduce you to Mumbai's hidden gems! You will experience the pulse of Mumbai and how the locals live, work, travel, eat and pray, while discovering the city's secret sites. This tour will be full of local experiences and cultural exchanges. From meeting myriad of people to learning new skills, you will experience everything. Sample local favorites like cutting chai etc. at renowned food stalls and bustling cafes.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Afternoon tea
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Your tour begins at approximately 10:30 in the morning with pickup from your hotel by your private, air-conditioned vehicle. Your English-speaking guide will take you to some of the oldest and traditional places in Mumbai like a fishing colony, to see how the fisherman bring the fishes and the fisherwomen sort out the fishes and prawns. You will be then taken to a local railway station to see and experience how 10 million people of Mumbai travel by a local train every day. After that you will get to see how the Dabbawallas (Lunch box carriers) do the sorting and delivery of 200,000 lunch boxes everyday. Then you will be taken to the 150 year old open air laundry (Dhobi Ghat) to see clothes being washed and dried in a traditional way.
You will also get to feed the pigeons in the Kabutarkhana (home of pigeons) and Holy cows in the Gau Shala (Cow Shed).
An exciting ride in the local trains and auto rickshaws (Tuk Tuk) of Mumbai is also included (Optional).
What You Can Expect:
Your guide will regale you with tales about Mumbai’s culture, customs, traditions, people and extraordinary way of life. You will meet some of the friendly traders and enterprising group of businessmen who are running their businesses from over a hundred years without any use of modern technology or basic things like a computer, cellphones and sometimes not even a pen or a piece of paper.
There will be plenty of free time to stroll through the market. You will walk to a historical neighborhood full of ethnic people, ancient temples, colorful markets and old world cafes and restaurants – all exuding bohemian charm.
Wander through tucked away places, hidden streets that even locals don't know about, and the narrow streets that speak of Mumbai's rich medieval history. This will be a fitting finale to this revealing tour of Mumbai’s best kept secrets.
If you would like to embrace and enjoy the different cultures and experiences in Mumbai, then this tour is for you.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.