Nairobi Guided Walking Tour - Kenya
Nairobi is a sprawling, perennially busy city that's hard to crack on your own. Join this Nairobi tour and benefit from a local guide who will not only show you the sights, but also lead you to the perfect lunch spot to try some local cuisine. Check out the national parliament buildings and other significant sights like the National Archives. Wander past the Mzee Jomo Kenyatta Mausoleum and drop in on the poignant August 7th Memorial Park.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local Lunch
- All attraction entry fees
- Entry/Admission - Uhuru Gardens Memorial Park
- Entry/Admission - Kenyatta International Conference Center
- Entry/Admission - August 7th Memorial Park
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Uhuru Gardens Memorial Park, Lang'ata Road, Nairobi Kenya
Uhuru Gardens, Kenya’s largest Memorial Park. Uhuru is a swahili word meaning freedom.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kenyatta International Conference Center, Harambee Avenue, Nairobi 00100 Kenya
The KICC currently stands as the sixth tallest building in Kenya, reaching a height of just over 105 metres. It succeeded the Hilton Nairobi as the tallest building in Kenya, a position it held for 26 years before being surpassed by Teleposta Tower. The tower consists of 28 floors, including a revolving restaurant which offers panoramic views of the city, rotating 360° in 76 minutes. The building's light terracotta façade reflects traditional African architecture, as does the use of simple solid shapes- cuboids make up the Plenary hall, the tower consists of a cylinder composed of several cuboids and the amphitheater and helipad both resemble cones.
There are several well-equipped conference and meeting rooms with the largest having a capacity over 4,000 delegates. The KICC is equipped with Simultaneous Interpretation Equipment with a capability of up to seven languages, a modern business centre, a banking facility, tour and travel services, expansive grounds and ample and secure parking. It is often depicted as an icon of Nairobi.
Up until the 1980s, there was a 'revolving restaurant' atop the KICC that was popular with politicians and the elite, but years of neglect literally brought it to a halt, though concerted efforts in 2012 to revive it were somewhat short lived. The 148-seater restaurant has a revolving mortar programmed to make approximately one revolution in 76 minutes
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: August 7th Memorial Park, Moi Avenue/Hail Selassie Junction, Nairobi Kenya
his is also called the Bomb Blast memorial park or the August 7th Memorial Park. It is located along Haile Selassie Avenue, at the scene where the 1998 terrorist bomb attack took place. The Memorial park was built to commemorate the 7th August 1998 bombing attacks on the US Embassy. Due to this unfortunate occurrence, many Kenyans and some Americans fell victim of this day. This misfortune claimed 216 innocent souls, and a great number was critically injured and hospitalized. The park contains a board with names of the people who were reported dead due to the incident. This incident was believed to have been caused by suicide bombers linked to the Osama Bin Laden terrorism network.
The site has been rehabilitated into a garden of comfort for those directly affected by this misfortune as a living monument to mankind and condemnation of terrorism. Every year on the 7th of August, on its anniversary, there is a public commemorative ceremony for those who passed on.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide us with your accommodation details for pick up, Your hotel must be within Nairobi
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.