Navigli Walking Tour
Discover Milan’s ancient Navigli district and learn about its history and traditions on this 1.5 hour walking tour. The series of canals that ring the old city of Milan make a grand setting for this sightseeing tour. You get a look at the old trading harbor, bridges, and alleyways that frame the sights, and learn about the centuries of history behind the waterways.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica di Sant'Eustorgio, Piazza Sant'Eustorgio 1, 20122 Milan Italy
Your 1h30m walking tour begins in Piazza Sant’Eustorgio, in front of the basilica that was founded in the early Christian era.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Navigli, Navigli, Milan, Lombardy
Your walk will take you to the Darsena, site of an ancient inner harbor built during the Spanish era and used for regional trade until the 1970s.
During the tour you’ll learn about the history of the canal from the 12th century, and how Leonardo da Vinci later improved the system of locks. Hear about the tradition of ancient trades and the people who lived along the waterways.
Cross the Triumph Bridge and walk along the Naviglio Pavese, passing picturesque alleys as you continue to the Naviglio Grande, Milan’s main canal. After reaching the canal you’ll walk with your guide until you come to Vicolo dei Lavandai, a corner that has been kept historically intact.
After the tour you may want to stay to enjoy an aperitivo at one of the bars lining the banks of the canals, or enjoy a meal at a traditional Milanese trattoria (own expense).
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza Sant'Eustorgio, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.