New Orleans Salacious History Walking Tour
I will show you a side of New Orleans that you have never seen before. Journey with me as we take a path through a hundred years of history of entertaining ladies of the night. We will reveal the many exotic performers who have called New Orleans home while exploring the bawdy concert saloons of Royal street in the 1850s along with the bright lights of bourbon street burlesque houses in the 1950s. Experience Storyville, the country’s most notorious red light district as we discuss her most infamous residents:the pimps, gangsters, prostitutes and madams.
I also add a discussion around the lives of early colonial women, and tell stories that highlight women's lives in 17th century New Orleans.
The major theme of women in history began with my studies at the University of New Orleans while concentrating on Historical Archeology. I was a part of several digs around New Orleans including my first archaeological dig site in the district of Storyville located just beside the French Quarter.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- unique perspective of the famous French Quarter and her inhabitants
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Old Ursuline Convent Museum
- Entry/Admission - Jackson Square
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
Celebrate our salacious history while we walk trough the historic streets of the "Vieux Carre" meaning old neighborhood in French.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Old Ursuline Convent Museum, 1100 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70116-2505
This building is the only colonial building left standing in the French Quarter. It has historical significance in New Orleans early development.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
We will tell the story of the fantastic buildings that flank the square as well as scandalous early colonial behavior that occurred within the square.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Irish Cultural Museum of New Orleans, 933 Conti St, New Orleans, LA 70112-3409
This museum has a beautiful patio where we can sit and talk. There is also a pub where travelers can sample wonderful Irish coffees if they choose to do so.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: The Starlight, 817 Saint Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70112-3415
Enter this chic little bar and sit while we discuss the burlesque houses of the 1950s located just across the street from this stylish bar. Enjoy a varied list of fancy cocktails or just order a beer or wine if you choose to do so.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Envie Espresso Bar & Cafe, 1241 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :The Starlight, 817 St Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The tour guide will be wearing a mask at all times. I would like to request that travelers also wear masks throughout the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.