Outlander Adventure Small-Group Day Tour from Edinburgh
Take this time-travelling adventure through a fantastic array of Outlander sights on a small group day trip from Edinburgh. With a maximum group size of 16 passengers, you are sure to have a memorable and personal experience on this special day trip for fans of the show and history lovers.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Top range 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach
- The stories and services of an English-speaking driver-guide
- Small Group Tour (maximum 16 passengers)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Culross Palace
- Entry/Admission - Doune Castle
- Entry/Admission - Linlithgow Palace
- Entry/Admission - Blackness Castle
- Entry/Admission - Midhope Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Culross Palace, West Green, Culross KY12 8JH Scotland
This 16th century village poses as Cranesmuir in Outlander. It also starred in the movies: Captain America: First Avenger and The 39 Steps.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
In Outlander, it’s the fictional Castle Leoch. And in reality, it’s a stunning castle with a tall gate house, an impressive great hall, and lovely views of the River Teith.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Linlithgow Palace, 9 Kirkgate Sulisker, Boghall, Linlithgow EH49 7AL Scotland
This pretty palace is a favourite of ours because of its connection to Mary, Queen of Scots. It’s also known for one of the most intense scenes in the Outlander series…
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Blackness Castle, Blackness, Linlithgow EH49 7NH Scotland
The tough-looking castle looks like it could fend off an entire empire. And in Outlander, it impersonates Fort William.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Midhope Castle, Near Abercorn, South Queensferry, Edinburgh EH52 6QZ Scotland
Midhope Castle is your next highlight. Unfortunately, visitors are unable to go inside the castle, but Jamie’s lovely Lallybroch home is still an essential photo opportunity for any fan of the show. Jamie’s family home, Lallybroch, is as lovely as it looks in the show.
*Please note that Midhope Castle will be closed on the below dates and no visit or photo stop will be possible:
5th November 2019, 13th November 2019, 19th November 2019, 30th November 2019, 3rd December 2019 and 14th December 2019.
Also, from 21st December 2019 - 12th April 2020, this tour doesn't visit Midhope Castle. You spend more time enjoying the other locations at this time of year.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Rabbie's Cafe Bar, 6 Waterloo Pl, Edinburgh EH1 3EG, UK
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Min. age 5 years old. We do not accept children under the age of 5 years.
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Near public transportation
- Check in closes 15 minutes prior to departure
- In order to retain the integrity of the tour and try to ensure that all our customers have the best possible experience, we do cap bookings from any one party to 8 passengers.
- Most travelers can participate
- Culross Palace – due to Covid19 restrictions, the visit to Culross Palace will be a photo stop only, no internal visit of the palace is available at this time. You will have plenty of time to explore the village of Culross though!
- For your optional attraction tickets you must reserve your time slot in advance. Please use the link printed on your voucher.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- • Face coverings are mandatory and must always be worn. • Infrared thermometer temperature check during check-in for tour. Passengers with temperature readings above 38 degrees will not be able to travel for health and safety reasons. • Simple Covid-19 health questionnaire upon arrival.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.