Private Day Tour to Abu Simbel Temples from Aswan
See the ancient marvel of Abu Simbel on a private day trip from Aswan. Journey southward by private, air-conditioned vehicle as your personal guide shares tales of the 3,400-year-old complex, a masterwork of ancient Egyptian engineering beside Lake Nasser. Awe at the two temples, graced by colossi of Ramses II and his wife Nefertari, and tour the Great Temple’s statue-lined hallsand battle reliefs. While you explore, hear the incredible story of the temples’ 1960s relocation to protect them from flooding after the building of the Aswan High Dam.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Abu Simbel Temple Complex
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abu Simbel Temple Complex, Abu Simbel, Abu Simbel Egypt
Built during the reign of the great Pharaoh Ramses II, in the 13th century BC, these two vast rock-cut temples are dedicated to Ramses II and his wife, Nefertari. They are considered architectural masterpieces of Egypt's New Kingdom and so, when Aswan's High Dam was first built, flooding their original location, the Egyptian government and UNESCO worked together to save both temples from the flood.
Your guide will escort you to the Great Temple, or Sun Temple, built in honor of Ramses II and dedicated to him and four other gods, as well as the smaller temple dedicated to his wife Nefertari, and also known as the Temple of Hathor. A qualified Egyptologist, he will explain the fine details of the rock-cut carvings and statuary, as well as how the temples were saved from the flood. After around three hours at the temples, you'll return to Aswan at 5pm.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your private guide will collect you from your hotel in Aswan at 8am for the three-hour drive south: you'll travel in your own comfortable air-conditioned vehicle for this private tour of Abu Simbel.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.