Private Day Trip to Arles, Les Baux-de-Provence and Saint-Remy-de-Provence from Avignon
In this full day tour from Avignon, you will see the highlights of Arles, its Roman monuments, including the Arena, a Roman theater, the Alyscamps, a huge Roman necropolis, Roman baths and the church of St. Trophime. The, stroll in the foot-steps of Van Gogh and the places which inspired his work. Arles is a must-see. Head up to Les Baux de Provence and discover this medieval village build on 245 meter high Rocky to discover a breathtaking view on unique scenery. Afterwards, go to Saint Remy de Provence to visit the Monastery Saint-Paul de Mausole where Van Gogh used to spend one year and discover the place that did inspired his arts (entrance 5€/per not included in the tour price). Finally, head up to the historical center and get a free walk in old town.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Meet your guide in the morning in Avignon and move towards Arles in your comfortable A/C mini-van. In Arles, have a walk in the cours de la République with its rich architecture and charming cafés. See the Roman arena and typical architecture as you make your way to the Old Town of Arles and explore the Romans monuments. Visit the charming boutiques and craft shops to pick up a unique souvenir.
Afterwards head up to Les Baux de Provence, designated one of the most beautiful villages in France. It has a spectacular position in the Alpilles mountains, set at the top of a rocky outcrop that is crowned with a ruined castle overlooking the plains to the south.
Then follow Van Gogh's steps in Saint Remy de Provence at the Saint-Paul-de-Mausole to learn about the place where the painter did live for one year (1889-1890) and enjoy the magic ambiance that inspired his famous painting (la Nuit Etoilée/Starry Night). This visit is on your own expense 5€/person. Finally, enjoy a free guided walk in the old town of Saint Remy before your guide drives you back to Avignon.
Departure Point :Your hotel or accommodation in Avignon
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.